Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drivers side falcon door stuck open

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased a 2016 P90D last month and after 800 miles of ownership the drivers side rear door is stuck open. The car won't lock and if I drive it the chime goes off saying the Falcon Door is open. Visually it looks like it is closed. I scheduled an appointment on the app but it will take them a week to come look at it. I tried holding the handle and button down for 10 seconds but that did nothing. I am obviously very frustrated that I can't drive it for the next week. This is my first experience with Tesla ownership, any advice or input?

I purchased a 2016 P90D last month and after 800 miles of ownership the drivers side rear door is stuck open. The car won't lock and if I drive it the chime goes off saying the Falcon Door is open. Visually it looks like it is closed. I scheduled an appointment on the app but it will take them a week to come look at it. I tried holding the handle and button down for 10 seconds but that did nothing. I am obviously very frustrated that I can't drive it for the next week. This is my first experience with Tesla ownership, any advice or input?

i had this happen, I removed the speaker cover and pulled the emergency release. Eventually it worked...service guy on unrelated issue heard of it happening and stated to make sure car is level. I also disconnected the power, in the frunk, and it forces a recalibration of the doors. The x will walk you through the steps. I’m not sure what eventually caused the doors to operate properly but I haven’t had an issue since.

I had the same issue with my 2017 x100d when I first got it, about a month in. Had to manually keep it shut and took it to my local SC. Took them a few days to diagnose and finally replaced the whole locking mechanism. Going strong for the last couple years. I wouldn't wait for the app schedule, just take it straight to SC as it's definitely a safety issue to drive it (quasi-) open. Good luck!