TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Drivers Side Weather tech floor liner sucks.

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by qwk, Sep 20, 2013.

1. qwk

qwk Model S P2681

Is it just me, or does everyone have this problem?

The rear floor liner fits perfectly. The passenger side fits good, but the drivers side is horrible. Not much of the drivers side floor liner matches the model S contours there are very large gaps(1 inch), where mud, snow etc can get under the floor liner. I just cannot imagine that it was designed this way.

I tried calling weathertech, but their customer service Sucks. They don't really care. The thing is, I don't know wheather this is a one off issue, or if the designers were asleep when they measured the drivers floor of the Model S.

2. anthony

anthony Member

Did they come out before the Tesla branded ones? Maybe you can return them and get those, save yourself $75.
    I have a set and they fit perfectly.

3. caddieo

caddieo Member

I agree. Mine fit perfectly too. I would have preferred a slightly thicker/more rubbery consistency, but that takes a back seat to the fit. Plus I like the raised perimeter which keeps dirt from spilling over the edge on to the carpet.