Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driving at Lake Tahoe with 22s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey @Jmedlin - you are not just taking a Tesla, you are taking your X to Tahoe. When I drive my S, people know it's a Tesla but when I drive my X, they ask what car is that. It's not just a Tesla, it's a X ;)

PS: sorry for this frivolous post and having fun on your post. I am pretty sure there are some very experienced X owners who would chime in soon with some solid advice.

If your 22's have summer tires, I would strongly encourage you to change out to the 20's with M&S tires. I am up here in Tahoe with our X and I have 19s with full winter tires (Blizzaks) and it is an amazingly capable car with true winter tires. The only thing that concerns me are the morons in 2 wheel drive and no chains/cable trying to "get by." Followed a BMW fishtailing all over the road on the way back from the grocery store. Load the deck in your favor and put on the 20's.

You can't use summer tires when it's 40 deg or colder, regardless of snow or ice. You are risking your tire being cold and not sticking, thus sliding off the road. Really not worth your life or the cars to risk it.

Snow tires should be mounted by Thanksgiving.