TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Driving down one of the steepest roads in Norway

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by aikisteve, Jul 19, 2018.

1. aikisteve

aikisteve Member

Going down Stalheimskleiva, near Gudvangen. This is one of the steepest roads in Norway, with an 18% downgrade and dropping 218m!

• Like x 2
  2. Xenoilphobe

Xenoilphobe Active Member

3. cpa

cpa Active Member

The eastern side of Sonora Pass in California (SR108) starts out at 24-26% (don't remember offhand). The summit is 9,623 feet and bottoms out (more or less) near Leavitt Meadows ~7,100 feet. Not sure of the road distance, but it seems to be about 7-8 miles.

4. Corsair

Corsair Member

• Like x 1
  5. Xenoilphobe

Xenoilphobe Active Member

Yes, very high adventure.

6. Bet TSLA

Bet TSLA Active Member

Yes, pretty too, especially when the aspens are turning yellow. I've done that drive in my old Model S.

7. Don TLR

Don TLR Member

IMG_0950.JPG

• Like x 3
    • Funny x 1
    • Love x 1
  8. scottm

scottm Active Member

You know it's steep when regen is on standard setting, you're rolling and haven't touched the accelerator for minutes, and you're still pegging regen at solid green and gaining speed. You know it's a long hill when you reach the bottom and you're at 100% SOC, and your brakes are hot.

• Like x 1
  9. Hugh Mannity

Hugh Mannity Mediocre Member

CDB008AE-9F0A-4D3C-BCBD-C76FA084143A.jpeg What type of negative Wh did you get on that/those grades. I think I’ve gotten into the -300’s a few times. This snapshot is from a 6% grade for about 18 km

10. aikisteve

aikisteve Member

I don't know anymore for this road, but coming down over Aurlandsvegen, I got to -312Wh/km.
    IMG_0320.jpg