Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

driving from Ontario CA to El paso TX what an experience we actually spent more time charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...with rumor of a Fork Stockton coming online at the beginning of the new year, as well as one in Las Cruces, NM and Van Horn, TX. Someone here was sure I-10 wouldn't see any action this year, and they've been proven wrong with the latest developments. To be fair, whether the development will extend to AZ or NM is still to be determined since Las Cruces is still filed under the rumor/hearsay category.

Last edited:
we actually spent more time charging than driving due to the lack of super chargers in AZ and NM. The I10 is one of the most traveled corridors in America from Los Angeles to Texas after casa grande no Super chargers
I do not doubt your report. I'm sure that you researched your road trip in advance and realized that would be the case.

I am confident that a year from now that route will be "Supercharged"!

I thought you meant Ontario Canada. I'm in SoCal and it's now obvious you meant Ontario, California.

Is it maybe something typical for the USA to abbreviate words to the point of being ambiguous?

Here are two TMC examples:
FWD: Front-Wheel Drive <=> Falcon Wing Doors
AP: Auto Pilot <=> Accounts Payable

It's not like the posts have a price per typed word.

Is it maybe something typical for the USA to abbreviate words to the point of being ambiguous?

Here are two TMC examples:
FWD: Front-Wheel Drive <=> Falcon Wing Doors
AP: Auto Pilot <=> Accounts Payable

It's not like the posts have a price per typed word.
I think AP is really clear because context would never be the same for auto pilot or accounts payable--two different genres. But yes, it irritates me a lot when people misuse FWD. And yes, I am saying misuse, because a car feature with the acronym FWD was already claimed by front wheel drive a long time ago. You can't just go change it to something else now and use it to refer to falcon wing doors. That ship has sailed.