Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driving from Ontario to the Maritimes

damonbrodie

Mar 5, 2021
Ottawa
Hi,

I'm about to buy a MY LR and I'm curious about the driving experience to the Maritimes - say Moncton, NB.

I've plotted the route through a couple of route planners, and it seems quite doable, but I'm still curious about some real-world experiences with Super Charging along the Quebec corridor and the TC down through NB. Do the SC stations tend to fill up in the summer months? Is it possible to know before arrival if there are any issues with a particular SC location?

Someday when we're allowed to travel again, I'd love to drive back.

Vawlkus

Feb 28, 2017
Halifax
I’ve done the run between Montreal and Halifax several times. It was a little longer back before the SCs and I had to rely on chademo chargers. :p
The ONLY time I’ve seen the SCs fill up is when an EV club was doing a group run for fun to several SC locations. When I’m traveling I seldom see more than a couple of cars at any SC.

Allegedly the SC in Levies Quebec is the busiest, but anytime I’ve been there it’s been less than half in use.
Troies Riveriar (sp) is about the only SC on the route I don’t like. It’s in a hotel parking lot and it’s a little awkward to to to/from the highway to get to it, and you can go right by the entrance if you’re not careful. Just my personal griping there, YMMV ;)

• Helpful
Reactions: SmartElectric

duanra

Dec 14, 2018
Montreal
Before you leave Rivière du Loup, make sure you have enough battery to reach Woodstock in case there is something wrong with Saint Leonard.
For RDL it is just a hotel, so no much shopping.

It is a nice drive !

• Helpful

GtiMart

Nov 13, 2019
Quebec City, Canada
Switch to the highway 20 instead of highway 40 between Montreal and Quebec, you'll have two SCs instead of the Trois-Rivières one. The one at Saint-Leonard D'Aston is actually the "Madrid 2.0" rest stop with a couple restaurants.

duanra

Dec 14, 2018
Montreal
Typically you can make Montréal Québec non stop. Than 1 stop at RDL and 1 before Fredericton.
After that 1 last charge in Fredericton and you're good to Moncton ! :)

Goodtohave

Mar 16, 2019
Canada
You are fine in warm weather if not the Chademo is super handy, they are everywhere and you don’t have to plan as much.

I bought one for my trips to eastern Quebec.

I rent it if you are interested you can pick it up on your way through Montreal and drop it off on your way home... :)

• Helpful

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC