Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driving Licence

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The paper part hasn't been required in England for a few years now. (Car Hirers, etc can see your endorsements on-line). Not sure of what the situation is in NI.

But I didn't have to show *anything* when I collected.

S

The paper part hasn't been required in England for a few years now. (Car Hirers, etc can see your endorsements on-line). Not sure of what the situation is in NI.

But I didn't have to show *anything* when I collected.

S
DVLA is the same for all the Union now. Until a few of years ago NI had its own version of DVLA hense the different number plates. Now that it is merged I am pretty sure the scrapping of the paper counterpart applies everywhere.
So basically. No you don't need it for this or anything else. DVLA told everyone they should shred them about 5 years ago.

They checked virtually nothing for me on Saturday.

For the trade-in car they checked I handed in both keys, the V5 and the service book (but didn't open it) - didn't take one look at the car at all.
For me, no ID check whatsoever.

But you do have to sign into the Tesla app in order for it to pair up with your car, so there's something.

Reactions: Rooster6655