Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driving like Grandma S%^@#*s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Applied for FSD Beta. Driving like a Grandma is REALLY hard in our Raven. I do have questions about this entire process.

1. Can I let my wife drive for a safe driver score using her key FOB?
2. So when the FSD rolls out, those of us who bought that expressive upgrade don't get it because of a safety score? If so does, Tesla refund our purchase price of FSD??
3. Anyone know of a good reference for what to look for and such to try and keep safety score high?
4. Can you un-apply for Beta?
5. So if someone wants to get you kicked off Beta then all they have to do is bump your Tesla?

This whole process seems somewhat awkward.

M

1. Don't know. Score is probably based on the car since it is based on Tesla metrics if they were insuring the car.
2) The software is beta. They can determine what pre-release software is released, and to whom. You bought FSD as it was delivered, and with a promise of the full FSD when it is released.
3) You will get immediate feedback after driving. Don't brake hard, corner hard are the two items that I have had to moderate from my normal driving.
4) Yes. Just push the same button you apply from, and you can opt-out.
5) Nonsense.

Applied for FSD Beta. Driving like a Grandma is REALLY hard in our Raven. I do have questions about this entire process.

2. So when the FSD rolls out, those of us who bought that expressive upgrade don't get it because of a safety score? If so does, Tesla refund our purchase price of FSD??
3. Anyone know of a good reference for what to look for and such to try and keep safety score high?
5. So if someone wants to get you kicked off Beta then all they have to do is bump your Tesla?

M

1. The score follows the VIN but there is a notation about which driver profile was used in each trip.
2. You bought and paid for FSD when it's ready, not to be an early release FSD Beta tester.
3. Check out the Safety Score thread in the AI, Autopilot, & Autonomous/FSD section. Read more directly on Tesla's website: Safety Score Beta
4. Yes - click the opt out button on the screen where you originally agreed to the terms and conditions.
5. What? No.

Reactions: cwanja

M
2. This test is to be able to use the pre-release version of FSD. Of course all Autopilot systems are still in beta, but they are release versions available to the public. This is not. When the wise release of FSD happens, you will have access if you paid without any kind of stipulations.
3. Safety Score Beta
4. Yes.
5. I'm not sure what you mean but no.

I dropped off my Model S at the window tint place to have the windows tinted (looks good). They kept it about 4 hours. Drove home like a gramma and checked my safe driving score. It used to be 96 but now it's 91. And I see where the Forward Collision Warning has been triggered, which is what lowered my score. Wonder why they thought they had to test drive it after putting on tint.

AND, Elon just said that the FSD beta release will go out to 1000 people per day, starting with those who have a 100 driving score, then 99, then 98, etc. I've read of estimates that Tesla has sold about 360,000 FSD packages so far, and at 1000 per day it will take a year to roll it out to everyone. I realize not everyone will get it, or want it, but we're talking months here.

Suddenly I'm not so excited about FSD any more. If I have to drive like gramma for the next 6 months, forget it.

AND, Elon just said that the FSD beta release will go out to 1000 people per day, starting with those who have a 100 driving score, then 99, then 98, etc. I've read of estimates that Tesla has sold about 360,000 FSD packages so far, and at 1000 per day it will take a year to roll it out to everyone. I realize not everyone will get it, or want it, but we're talking months here.

Suddenly I'm not so excited about FSD any more. If I have to drive like gramma for the next 6 months, forget it.
They may have sold 360,000, but some of them could have been on the same car if they take one in as a trade-in, then resell it without the feature in hopes that the next owner will buy it so they can collect double on the same car. There are losses from crashes as well.

I never understood the desire to use FSD before using it to legally ignore driving as if I were a passenger. Even AP1 already works very well as it is for stop and go traffic and long highway drives. If I shelled out $10k though, I'd be annoyed. Beta software is often free until a real product is released.

the safety score doesn't make a single lick of sense.
Think about it you need to prove you're a safe driver, so you can let the car drive for you...
Also its been shown that plenty of people that drive the car like its meant to be driven (a bat out of hell) still get 90+ scores so take that with a grain of salt.