Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driving Melbourne to Brisbane in 45 Celcius heat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's supposed to be a sweet-spot next to the mirror for your toll-tag - I could never make it work, and I just pay the camera fee each time as I don't do toll roads that often. I'd rather have the metallic coating, especially in summer.

Reactions: ICUDoc
Why is Australia still using transponders as this is old technology. Vehicle's have licence plates which a photo is taken then money which the vehicle owner has preloaded on there toll account is used to pay the toll. Once the account is below $10 then more money is load from your credit card to bring the account back up to $20.

Reactions: aegidius
Why is Australia still using transponders as this is old technology. Vehicle's have licence plates which a photo is taken then money which the vehicle owner has preloaded on there toll account is used to pay the toll. Once the account is below $10 then more money is load from your credit card to bring the account back up to $20.

"Old technology"! You Kiwi's. Showing us up once again! :rolleyes:

Was 43+ the whole 9.5 hours driving today. I took a photo of the car registering an outside temp of 51. This was during a drive. An hour in, in fact. Tyres were 41 psi cold and were 50 psi during driving.

leaving the car for more than 15 minutes was awful.

Driving through thick smoke. Bioweapon defence mode was amazing. Inside car could nut smell its. As soon as the door opened it smelled very strong.

Met a guy in a model 3 who lost his house and one of two dogs to the fires :(

staying at a great place with another model s. Venue is going to run out of water in 6 weeks and will have to shut.

‘what a day.

• Informative
Reactions: bradjc and ICUDoc
Wow, that's a hell of a leg!

Mount Isa to Hughenden 521 km then charge for around 5 hours via three phase and then drive the 380km to Townsville.

No tinter will tint a front windscreen as it is illegal except for the top 10% of the windshield.
If worried about UV you can get a clear UV protection film put on.

I had the actual values from Tesla before (they are available upon request) and the Windscreen filters 100% of UVA/UVB so thats not an issue. I think IR was like 10% filtered hence I wonder if a 100% VLT tint with IR filter would make a difference.

AFAIK in Australia you can tint the windscreen it just needs to have 100% VLT (i.e. be clear).

Mount Isa to Hughenden 521 km then charge for around 5 hours via three phase and then drive the 380km to Townsville.

I had the actual values from Tesla before (they are available upon request) and the Windscreen filters 100% of UVA/UVB so thats not an issue. I think IR was like 10% filtered hence I wonder if a 100% VLT tint with IR filter would make a difference.

AFAIK in Australia you can tint the windscreen it just needs to have 100% VLT (i.e. be clear).
Not even clear tinting according to Solar Style in BNE, I specifically asked if I could put a clear film in.

• Informative
Reactions: HighlyCharged