Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driving Mode Automatically Updating?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Qbenjamin

Frugal But Classy!
Jan 7, 2017
Bravos
I've had to change my "Driving Mode" about 3 times now in the past month. I usually keep it on "Sport," but I noticed that it keeps switching to Ludicrous on its own. The only thing that I can associate with this, is the latest update that my car has done about 3 times now (V10).

Has anyone else noticed anything similar? Also, I'm the only driver of my vehicle, so we can rule that out right away.

Step on the brake? You mean put in Park. But yeah, you do need to check which profile you are in when you change things. Recent software changes have made some settings auto-save when you change them.

I have seen some settings change after firmware updates but not normal/sport choices.

Step on the brake? You mean put in Park.
No, I mean this scenario:
  1. Enter vehicle
  2. Change one or more settings (note that you are still in Easy Entry)
  3. Press the brake to prepare to drive. At this point, the car changes into your default driving profile which may change any of the settings you adjusted in step 2.
Putting the car into park (and unlocking your seat-belt) changes the profile back to Easy Entry.