TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Driving Model 3, and then driving other vehicles...

Discussion in 'Model 3: Driving Dynamics' started by suwaneedad, May 15, 2018.

1. gavine

gavine Petrol Head turned EV Enthusiast

I rented a Chevy Volt on Turo for $35/day (Orlando, FL). While it's not a Tesla, it's still mostly an EV and better than a Corolla or similar.

2. AcesUp

AcesUp Member

Looks great. Are these custom wheels? If so what are they and specs/

3. scrapps

scrapps Member

I still haven’t sold my 2011 WRX, was going to trade it in but wanted more for it. I have felt no desire to drive it. When I took the 3 in to replace some glass they gave me a 2015(ish)S P85D and although it was faster I much preferred the 3 and couldn’t wait to get it back. Multiple times during th day I find myself looking for excuses to take it out. I wouldn’t be surprised if my wife suspected me having an affair :D

• Like x 1
  4. Future4me

Future4me Member

You do have an affair, with the 3!!

5. spurs10

spurs10 Member

Nice
    Good to know! I think once my model 3 is here, it will be my daily driver to save cost on filling gas
    Also for the RX sunroof vs model 3 glass roof, are you finding any heat issue with the glass roof? My wife sometimes find the sun going through the RX is too much.

6. suwaneedad

suwaneedad Member

These are the Aero wheels from Tesla, uncovered. I bought the $30-40 kit from Tesla that includes 4 logo center covers for the hubs, and the black plastic covers for each lug nut. Atop that, I bought a ~$4 suction cup from Amazon so that the center hub logo covers can be quickly removed to put the Aero caps if the feeling strikes me to put them on the car. I don't like the look of the Aeros, so expect to only use them on very long road trips where maximizing range may be an objective. Time will tell.

• Like x 1
  7. Future4me

Future4me Member

The Aero covers are much easier and faster to clean than the uncovered 10 spoke wheel. Also the covers are unique to the 3. The uncovered wheel looks like every other generic wheel out there. In time you'll see more solid looking wheels to gain efficiency.