Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driving model 3 without front passenger seat?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone tried to drive a model 3 without a front passenger seat? I could use as much space in the car as I can get and removing the passenger seat would really help but I herd disconnecting the sensors would mess with the car and make it go into park when driving at very low speed. Is that true?

I'm just speculating here: there is a weight sensor in the seat's cushion that let's the car know whether the seat is occupied. If you were to remove the seat, I'm not sure what message that would send to the car's computer, so I suggest you talk to someone at Tesla about this.

You can drive it but it might display a warning if it can't find the seat sensor. Undetected passenger seat sensors shouldn't cause the car to go into Park.
Restraint.png

Once you replace the seat, the warning should go away.

Reactions: android04
Has anyone tried to drive a model 3 without a front passenger seat? I could use as much space in the car as I can get and removing the passenger seat would really help but I herd disconnecting the sensors would mess with the car and make it go into park when driving at very low speed. Is that true?
Check in a track driving thread. Some of them remove alot of interior components for weight. Maybe someone has removed the passenger seat. You could maybe DM the guys at mountainpassperformance.

• Helpful
Reactions: gavine