Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driving my Model 3 to Palm Desert Area for meet up!

Where should I have it?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

BLKMDL3

Supporting Member
Hello everyone,
The news just broke; my car is in production!!! Delivery is in less than two weeks. I am driving it from my house in LA to Palm Desert/Palm Springs/LaQuinta area on Saturday the 23rd. I am going to host a meet up during the five days I am there. Was wondering if anyone would want to come and check it out around Christmas time. Anyone interested? Ill be there from the 23rd-28th
My questions:
Where should I do it?
What time of day? Brunch?
Maybe at a supercharger?
Let me know where you'd like it and can't wait!
Everyone is invited!!!

Count Angela and I in. And if you are nice we'll consider a straight across deal for Angelas smart ED convertible. :) Please let us know where it will be. We are in Cathedral city but it doesn't matter where it is. You should consider bringing it to the thursday night Palm Springs village fest and display it. People can check it out with nice greasy burgers in their hands etc. :)

Thanks for the invite. We'll be there.

John and Angela

Hello everyone,
The news just broke; my car is in production!!! Delivery is in less than two weeks. I am driving it from my house in LA to Palm Desert/Palm Springs/LaQuinta area on Saturday the 23rd. I am going to host a meet up during the five days I am there. Was wondering if anyone would want to come and check it out around Christmas time. Anyone interested? Ill be there from the 23rd-28th
My questions:
Where should I do it?
What time of day? Brunch?
Maybe at a supercharger?
Let me know where you'd like it and can't wait!
Everyone is invited!!!

Congrats! That’s real cool of you to offer a meetup. Wish i could join but I’m in Utah

• Helpful
Reactions: smorgasbord
Thanks so much @zackmilo, wife and I will be there with Ricky Ricardo. With your permission, Ricky can give the first canine review of the model 3. If you do this on Dec. 23/24, I will bring 3 house guests who are mightily interested in putting 2 deposits on a 3! I will contact a few other reservationists in the local area and give them a heads up.

Where? I really don't care, make it convenient for yourself, but I am willing to drive 100 miles for your reveal. Cabazon general parking will be a nightmare right before Christmas (so will El Paseo), after Christmas would be okay. I have a hair-brained idea which seem to occur more often as I age up! How about contacting the El Paseo showroom to make this an informal Coachella reveal. They could contact their mail list, cone off a parking space on the street in front of the showroom, you could make your car available for a couple of hours, and I think you would draw a real crowd! Depending on the number of people who show up, I would probably roll down the windows but lock the doors if it was my car.

When? I propose two dates, Dec. 23 and Dec. 27. Dec. 23/24 is problematic because everyone is last minute busy and parking will be terrible almost everywhere. My preferred date would be Dec.27. The holiday hoopla will be subsiding but it is a week day and maybe fewer people could attend.

Time? Suggest mid-day.

The anticipation of this event is really putting me in the holiday spirit. I haven't felt this excited since my wedding night! Can't wait! ;)

Where in LA are you? I'll be back in LA in a week and would love to see your M3!
I live in Westwood but my 3 is coming in 1.5 weeks.
Thanks so much @zackmilo, wife and I will be there with Ricky Ricardo. With your permission, Ricky can give the first canine review of the model 3. If you do this on Dec. 23/24, I will bring 3 house guests who are mightily interested in putting 2 deposits on a 3! I will contact a few other reservationists in the local area and give them a heads up.

Where? I really don't care, make it convenient for yourself, but I am willing to drive 100 miles for your reveal. Cabazon general parking will be a nightmare right before Christmas (so will El Paseo), after Christmas would be okay. I have a hair-brained idea which seem to occur more often as I age up! How about contacting the El Paseo showroom to make this an informal Coachella reveal. They could contact their mail list, cone off a parking space on the street in front of the showroom, you could make your car available for a couple of hours, and I think you would draw a real crowd! Depending on the number of people who show up, I would probably roll down the windows but lock the doors if it was my car.

When? I propose two dates, Dec. 23 and Dec. 27. Dec. 23/24 is problematic because everyone is last minute busy and parking will be terrible almost everywhere. My preferred date would be Dec.27. The holiday hoopla will be subsiding but it is a week day and maybe fewer people could attend.

Time? Suggest mid-day.

The anticipation of this event is really putting me in the holiday spirit. I haven't felt this excited since my wedding night! Can't wait! ;)
I live in LA so I can also make one here for LA residents if you live here so you don’t have to drive there. It won’t be the first K9 review as have 5 dogs that can terrorize my interior

Reactions: SoCalGuy