Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driving my Model 3 to Palm Desert Area for meet up!

Where should I have it?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello zackmilo,
I would love to attend this event. I live about 10 miles from Cabezon, but I would drive to where ever you decide. I am just curious to see the 3 in person as I cancelled my preorder in favor of an insane deal on a CPO p85 that I took delevery on in the beginning of October. I am looking forward to seeing your car!

Reactions: T34ME
Hello everyone,
The news just broke; my car is in production!!! Delivery is in less than two weeks. I am driving it from my house in LA to Palm Desert/Palm Springs/LaQuinta area on Saturday the 23rd. I am going to host a meet up during the five days I am there. Was wondering if anyone would want to come and check it out around Christmas time. Anyone interested? Ill be there from the 23rd-28th
My questions:
Where should I do it?
What time of day? Brunch?
Maybe at a supercharger?
Let me know where you'd like it and can't wait!
Everyone is invited!!!
I’ll do my best to be there!
I’ll be there by then...

View attachment 263650 I am seeking advice for our 1st big road trip from PORTLAND OR to PALM SPRINGS CA. with our dog Lucy.
We have made this trip in ICE cars many times. At least once a year for the last 12 years. This will be our first time in our MS 90D. (Rated @ 294 mile range)
We usually do it in 2 days. It might be a 3 day trip with charging...
Anyone with experience with this route?
Particularly, interested in the possibly of dog friendly lodging with destination charging.
Would prefer to avoid LA altogether.
Not sure that’s possible with Superchargers in the mix.
We almost always take I-5 to 210 to I-10.
Coast Route (101) may be another option if the weather gets too treacherous at the pass. We have done this once before in 3 days departing from Gearhart.
I also have a CHAdeMO adapter which might provide additional flexibility.
Any advice will be most appreciated with regards to route, hotel recommendations, potential pitfalls & Superchargers to avoid...

Reactions: T34ME
I live in Westwood but my 3 is coming in 1.5 weeks.

I live in LA so I can also make one here for LA residents if you live here so you don’t have to drive there. It won’t be the first K9 review as have 5 dogs that can terrorize my interior
Yeah that would be really cool - I'm coming from beach cities so not too far away at all. We can exchange contact info via PM if you'd like

Hello everyone,
The news just broke; my car is in production!!! Delivery is in less than two weeks. I am driving it from my house in LA to Palm Desert/Palm Springs/LaQuinta area on Saturday the 23rd. I am going to host a meet up during the five days I am there. Was wondering if anyone would want to come and check it out around Christmas time. Anyone interested? Ill be there from the 23rd-28th
My questions:
Where should I do it?
What time of day? Brunch?
Maybe at a supercharger?
Let me know where you'd like it and can't wait!
Everyone is invited!!!

May I ask how you found out your vehicle is in production? I've confirmed my configuration but haven't gotten word on vehicle status. I'm hoping the end of quarter/year delivery rush will allow me to take delivery in 2017. I'm in LA, but would be willing to fly to Fremont for 2017 delivery if needed.

Reactions: JenniferQ
May I ask how you found out your vehicle is in production? I've confirmed my configuration but haven't gotten word on vehicle status. I'm hoping the end of quarter/year delivery rush will allow me to take delivery in 2017. I'm in LA, but would be willing to fly to Fremont for 2017 delivery if needed.
I called Tesla and they told me it is in production but couldn't clarify. I am willing to also.

Reactions: EcoBruin
Ok. Looking like Cabazon
What day will you be hosting the meetup at Cabazon Supercharger? I waited in line in Palm Desert Tesla on 3/31/16 for the Model 3 and received the invite to configure my Model 3 but my wife wants me to wait for the AWD Model 3. I am getting a 2nd Model 3 for my parents but they only want the standard battery so I am waiting on that one as well. I would love to see the Model 3 in person and we are heading to Palm Desert area the day after Christmas. Thanks!

I would love to be able to take a look at your Model 3, I am in the Palm Desert area but my Bolt (and Spark EV before that) makes the trip to Cabazon regularly. I'm still 3-6 months away from getting my Model 3, still on the fence over whether I want the larger battery.