Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driving on sunshine... and in mid-air over the canal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Vostok

Jul 1, 2017
Sydney
This arvo I thought I’d use up some of my stored sunshine and go for a drive for the heck of it (as one does, with a Tesla) and also to checkout the perpetual roadworks near the St Peters M8 interchange and Sydney Airport.

The maps in the Tesla are months out of date... I had the fun of driving over the Alexandra Canal in mid-air on a non-existent road (namely, the Campbell Rd bridge, which opened in June). None of the M8 interchange, on-ramps or off-ramps are shown either.

I did the loop around the departures at the Domestic airport... very weird seeing the place empty. There was one car at Qantas dropping some people off.

The O’Riordan St roadworks near the airport are nearly finished - it’s only taken a couple of years. It’s certainly a lot nicer than it was.

Reactions: moa999
About the same time I was coming back from the Southern Highlands about to enter the M5 tunnel when I saw what looked like Cathay Pacific Airliner banking to the west after taking off at SYD. Looks like some flights are operational.
I avoid the M8 as it’s more expensive and the weird light sculpture half way long can cause my AP1 car to see a pedestrian in the middle of the road and brake heavily.

About the same time I was coming back from the Southern Highlands about to enter the M5 tunnel when I saw what looked like Cathay Pacific Airliner banking to the west after taking off at SYD. Looks like some flights are operational.
I avoid the M8 as it’s more expensive and the weird light sculpture half way long can cause my AP1 car to see a pedestrian in the middle of the road and brake heavily.
Sydney to adelaide and return is fully open. Probably not going to turn a profit for sydney airport though.