TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Driving on sunshine

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Lolly, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Lolly

Lolly Member

Can you drive around the M25 (on autopilot) using only energy from the sun? Yes you can! Total energy used 38.2 kWh, total energy supplied to car last week from sun 49.1 kWh. video coming soon.
    evidence.jpg

• Like x 6
  2. FlyF4

FlyF4 Son of a MX

That will be nice to see. What speed do we have to drive? 2 miles per hour?

3. Lolly

Lolly Member

Video:

• Like x 1
  4. Lolly

Lolly Member

LOL, maybe best to store the energy in a big car battery (you might have handy) like I did rather than charge and drive on the go ;)

• Love x 1
  5. FlyF4

FlyF4 Son of a MX

Ok, until I saw the video where you first said charging all week, I TOTALLY assumed the wrong thing from the "Driving on Sunshine" title. I was thinking you were literally driving in real time on sunshine, not charging then driving. Saturday morning and my brain is not working :rolleyes: