TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Driving on the highway

Discussion in 'Model X' started by mohanman, Mar 10, 2017.

1. mohanman

mohanman Member

I find my X nearly impossible to drive on the highway, unless the roads are smooth as silk and there are no other cars driving at all.. its unbearable. Any truck, any loud engine car that drives by is so damn loud it sounds like its going to run into me. It ricochets in the cabin. The ride is so rough, I cannot take it anymore. I asked Tesla to buy my car back, I think Im in for a big loss. Oh well. Only 1800 miles.. so much for that. Here I thought those Consumer Reports guys were on crack.. but they were right.

• Informative x 2
    • Funny x 1
  2. mal_tsla

mal_tsla Member

I think service can probably quiet down the noise from other cars (sounds like bad seals).

The ride is pretty rough with 22" wheels. More on the "sporty" side on the 20" ones. What size do you have?

3. mohanman

mohanman Member

I have 20" wheels. I think seat comfort is also an issue, my neck and back hurt, can never find a comfortable position. Im tired of it, my Tahoe is like much more quiet and smoother ride. Don't know what else to do.

4. trmmcd

trmmcd Member

Wow - sorry to hear you are having that experience. It definitely sounds like something is wrong with your X. I had some noise issues - nothing like you described - but the SC took them very seriously and they did a bunch of things including replacing the seals. I am much happier now. I didn't get into the details - but they seemed to have a process for performing acoustical analysis to help assess the situation and the remediation. For sure though certain road surfaces generate much more tire noise at high speeds.

5. Obsoletion

Obsoletion Member

Have you asked to drive another to see if you notice the same issues in another vehicle

6. mohanman

mohanman Member

No I live in Michigan , no dealership in this area. I didn't notice any of these issues the first week I had the car, maybe I was just excited.