Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driving To Alaska

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As the next stage of our Round North America road trip in an S85D, we are heading from Port Hardy on Vancouver Island by ferry to Prince Rupert and then via the Cassiar-Stewart Highway and the Alcan Highway through Whitehorse to Fairbanks and down to Anchorage. If anyone has any experience of specific charging places at RV parks or destination charges etc on the way it would be very helpful.

Details of the journey so far and other expeditions are in our blog here IntrepidToo or on our twitter feed at @intrepidtoo

Reactions: rsg123
One of our daughters lives in Palmer, AK, about 50 miles north of Anchorage, so when we purchased a Tesla 3 this year I started thinking about how we could drive up to visit. I was shocked that the car ferry fee is $3,000 each way. The Alaska Highway, as expected, has no superchargers on the north end. It is interesting to read some of your posts about making that trip. I'll be watching for more news of superchargers expanding up the Alaska Highway