Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driving to Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fell stupid even asking this, but, any suggestions on Tesla specific issues to take note of when driving to Canada ? (Especially if you have FUSC and free premium connectivity, does that even matter?)
All I can think of is changing the display to km.
Thanks !

What Province of Canada are you going to?
Mostly around the Quebec area.
Thanks everyone for the positive suggestions ! This community is always so helpful. Charging a Tesla is such a first world problem, I'm embarrassed to bring it up :)
On a related note, I've already got the Circuit Electrique app, in case we absolutely need to charge at a non-Tesla location.

I've driven to Montreal several times to visit relatives. No issues with network connectivity. I have charged at Brossard and 2 of the Montreal Superchargers without issue (2014 w/ FUSC). I don't even bother with changing the display, it's easy enough to do the KMPH->MPH in my head.

I like the Rouses Point, NY crossing. Always the shortest wait (often no wait). Nice drive over on Rt 78/2 from Swanton (last I-89 exit in VT). Or take Rt 2 the whole way up the island (nice drive, not much longer time-wise).

Only real issue I had was dealing with a bad tire. On one trip I noticed a blister in one of the rear tire sidewalls on a Sunday afternoon (local SC was closed), but roadside assistance sent a CAA truck with a loaner wheel/tire, they changed it, and left mine behind. RA gave me the option of taking my wheel to the Montreal SC where they would replace tire, and I could go back for a swap, or I keep mine and return the loaner at my "local" (2 hour away) SC. But I'm in Boston more often than Montreal, so I got a new tire locally and returned their wheel to Watertown.