Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driving to work with right side mirror folded in.

edvaru

Aug 11, 2021
Canada
My right side mirror is behaving weird. It will not unfold using the screen buttons, even after full reboot. The opposite also happens when you park it won't fold in, no matter how many times you press fold buttons. Then a couple hours later everything works fine again? Anybody knows what is happening here? I think it is a software issue as the mobile tech already replaced the mirror and nothing changed.

IMG_20210811_063414.jpg

GtiMart

Nov 13, 2019
Quebec City, Canada
Have you rebooted the infotainment system at least once to see if that fixes it? I've had the mirrors stay down after reversing, but never this particular issue so I can comment specifically. A reboot is always the first thing to try though...

edvaru

Aug 11, 2021
Canada
Have you rebooted the infotainment system at least once to see if that fixes it? I've had the mirrors stay down after reversing, but never this particular issue so I can comment specifically. A reboot is always the first thing to try though...
Yes, I did do a reboot , both ways with just the steering wheel buttons and with the brake pedal pressed. No difference.

edvaru

Aug 11, 2021
Canada
The issue is still happening every 2-3 days. But I found a way to quickly solve it. Place the car in Drive and then press Park. Now the mirror works again.

wynnek

Feb 15, 2021
the brake pedal is a myth. You tried one way twice :)
Okay... I guess it's up to service then .
While I was on the phone with Tesla waiting for a representative, one of the prerecorded messages was about holding down the scroll wheels and brake pedal at the same time. Does Tesla know it is a myth?

Reactions: andaconda

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC