Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driving US model in EU

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are a lot of US Tesla 3 models imported from US to EU. Doing my research, I found several threads explaining how some features, as supercharging navigation, FSD are not working in Europe.
I would really appreciate if some US vehicle owner from EU can share their experience. 🤗

Anyone actually shipped and are driving their US M3 in Europe. I am planning on shipping mine in November and would appreciate hearing about actual experience.
I have a NA MY in EU. Nav and cell service will not work. Adapters required to charge. Phone is the best for navigation and ABRP best for trip planner.

Will not work:

Navigation (Even with using Wi-Fi or hotspot. Vehicle missing nav instructions not maps. EU Tesla refuse to work on US Tesla. US Tesla says to get with EU Tesla)

Cell service (Mobile hotspot work around for music streaming and such)

Required Equipment:

Type 2 to Type 1 single phase 32a cable EV Charging Cable Type 1 to Type 2 32A 1 Phase 5m | EV Charge +

Type 1 to Tesla adapter (if not Tesla supplied. Max 7.5KWh) SAE J1772 Charging Adapter or ASY,ADPTR,J1772-TESLA,v2

CCS2 to Tesla Adapter (DC fast charge. Max 150KWh. Must have CCS adapter support enabled) USA Tesla Model S 3 X Y CCS Combo 2 Adapter CHARGE ON CCS COMBO 2 STATIONS & EU Supercharger

Schuko Adapter UMC (Can get from Tesla Service Center) Schuko Adapter

License plate holder (Can get from Tesla Service Center)

CP ECU ASSY GEN 4 EU (If needing ECU for CCS support) Model 3R USA Tesla Model S 3 X Y CCS Combo 2 Adapter + CP ECU, ASSY, GEN 4, EU

Regional Services:

US Tesla vehicles; gray vehicle in core market, service and features are not guaranteed.

https://eu-central-1-02850030-inspe...rey-market-grey-vehicles_NA.pdf&type=original

Service & Repair Info (Free):

Tesla Service

Some Reads:

Moving with your Tesla Model 3 from the U.S. to Europe? Here’s how.

My US model 3 is currently in shipment to Germany. I would very much be interested if there is someone that can help change the maps over

tesla are being dicks about flashing a different software. Historically they would flash you the EU (Military Forces) map package.... Not sure what the difference is to the normal EU one. But I know lots of ppl have been denyed this update.
I think this is incredibly frustrating. If people want to import an american tesla and change the lights and the charging port so be it....