Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driving with car “off” then black screens??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys - big problem. I just bought a Tesla X and it’s possibly malfunctioning? It said earlier this evening I was driving while car was “off” and “door open” - although door was indeed NOT open and the car was ON because it was driving!!!! Now I went to move it into my garage and the screens are BLACK! It’s letting me drive but I can’t see battery life or anything!!! Anyone else have this happen??

Attachments

• 5E514897-0E52-43D1-840C-F65FEE0F9831.png
    5E514897-0E52-43D1-840C-F65FEE0F9831.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 84
If you've already tried the standard reset procedures (4 of them - 2 different steering wheel options, 1 power off option in the menu, 1 disconnect the emergency first responder quick release in the frunk) and none of them are getting the car back to normal, you're better off making a service visit (you may be able to drive to a service center and tell them it's an emergency situation for you, or, just call the Tesla number and do the option for roadside assistance). Or, of course, use your app to book a service appointment :/

How long ago did you get your X - if it's within the past couple of days, just go back to the delivery/service center (as mentioned above) and talk to them there.. They may or may not be any help, but, you may be fresh in their minds depending on how busy it is.