Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driving

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just picked up my car and have a few questions. Is there a quick way to set a cruise control? What is the best product to use for cleaning the computer screen? What is the tire pressure and is there any kind of donut Tire? I didn't check.. What is the best way to change lanes? Do you use the rear mirror or look at the left side which shows where cars are around you. By the way it sometimes appears that those cars are crashing into my model 3. I have an all-wheel-drive model. How do I know when it is using all wheel drive.? Where can I get mats to fit the inside? Thank you everyone I know I probably should know these answers but I don't.

I just picked up my car and have a few questions. Is there a quick way to set a cruise control? What is the best product to use for cleaning the computer screen? What is the tire pressure and is there any kind of donut Tire? I didn't check.. What is the best way to change lanes? Do you use the rear mirror or look at the left side which shows where cars are around you. By the way it sometimes appears that those cars are crashing into my model 3. I have an all-wheel-drive model. How do I know when it is using all wheel drive.? Where can I get mats to fit the inside? Thank you everyone I know I probably should know these answers but I don't.
Welcome to TMC. There are many posts regarding all your questions. Best way to find out those answers and to get a feel for the forums would be to just do a search. Congrats on your new car.

If you press the Tesla logo at the top it will bring up a menu.

It should show an option to view the manual .

There is also tutorial videos on the Tesla website if you click on your car (after signing in).

Quick answers.

Cruise Control - Assuming you have EAP you push down on the drive selector once. Yeah, it's a bit weird.

Tire Pressure - You flick left on the right bottom side of the display. It should have three different pages. One of the pages shows the tire pressure. Now it does take a min or two to read them when you startup.

Lane Changes - Mirrors are still the best way. The bouncing around in the display is simply a result of the how the UI is trying to interpret what it gets from the drive computer. It's a brand new feature and I expect it will get better in future upgrades.

• Helpful
Reactions: jkirkwood001
...cruise control...

While driving, press your gear selector downward once for cruise, twice for Autopilot.

...cleaning the computer screen?...

The manual says use the specific soft lint-free cloth. No cleaners. No statically-charged cloth.

...tire pressure...

There's a label posted on driver's door edge when you open the door.

...donut Tire...

Not included, Tesla didn't design one for all of its cars (Roadster, S, X, 3).

Tesla wants you to call it for a Roadside Assistance.

Others want to fill that gap:

https://modernspare.com/search-page/?make=8&model=23&syear=204&cfm=Tesla&cfmo=Model 3&cfy=2018

...best way to change lanes?...

Whatever way you learned in driving course.

I look at rearview mirror, rearview camera, left mirror, quick turn of head to make sure the blind spot is covered then turn on signal.

I still wouldn't rely on Autopilot technology alone just yet.

...those cars are crashing...

I hope you know Autopilot is beta, right? Tesla will improve it gradually but there are still bugs until its graduation day.

...all wheel drive...

It's electronics so if you want to pay to get one of those DIY experts setup an all wheel drive monitor for you.

...mats...

https://shop.tesla.com/us/en/catego...tml#tesla.car.accessories.model.3.model3.mats

Good luck!

...tire pressure...

45 according to my label when I open my driver's door:

bapxnAv.jpg

Last edited: