TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

DRL Yellowing Issue - Blown LED or FW?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Supahr_Ed, Apr 15, 2019 at 8:39 AM.

1. Supahr_Ed

Supahr_Ed Member

Hello,
    There's an old quality issue on the DRL going out on the early refreshed headlamps from 2016/2017 but are you guys seeing the same issue with you 2018/19 models?

I only noticed it earlier this week and I'm on FW 2019.12 now. I found a few threads where people said it was related to FW but it seems like a HW issue. Since I have had 2019.12 for just a week or 2 now; would you guys recommend waiting until the new FW release happens in case its just buggy FW?

Related thread: DRL: Now you have it, now you don't...
    IMG_20190414_195725.jpg IMG_20190414_195715.jpg

2. jskenney

jskenney Happy Member

This happened on my 2017 S90D, the Service Center replaced the light under warranty.

3. Supahr_Ed

Supahr_Ed Member

Thanks, yeah I assume it would be under warranty. That will definitely be the route if it doesnt resolves itself.

Anyone else experience SW issues causing this?