Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DRLs stopped working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Noticed on the way home that my daytime running lights stopped working.
When I turn the headlights on, the light up. But when set to “off” or when auto has them off, it’s all off.
Tried a reboot and it’s the same. Just ran update 36.2 recently.
While it bothers me that the cars not working properly, I’m not sure I mind the fact that no lights are on if I don’t want them to be.
Question is, do I bother with a service call to have both of them replaced?
Is it worth the hassle?

Thanks for reading. 🍺

Noticed on the way home that my daytime running lights stopped working.
When I turn the headlights on, the light up. But when set to “off” or when auto has them off, it’s all off.
Tried a reboot and it’s the same. Just ran update 36.2 recently.
While it bothers me that the cars not working properly, I’m not sure I mind the fact that no lights are on if I don’t want them to be.
Question is, do I bother with a service call to have both of them replaced?
Is it worth the hassle?

Thanks for reading. 🍺
Tesla software quality at its best. I got 2022.36.2 yesterday evening, haven't driven yet. Will have to check this.

I always do a Power Off from the safety menu and let the car sit about 5 minutes before driving, after every update.

If it is software issue, then wait. If it is hardware issue unless it is under warranty then not worth to spend $$$$$ on it.
I don’t believe it to be a hardware issue as they work fine when the headlights (even parking lights) has them on as usual.
I’m gonna wait this one out in hopes it’ll be fixed on the next update. This was more of a “PSA” in case others had the same issue.
Cars still under warranty for a while, so it’ll get fixed one way if another.

Cheers

Reactions: cbdream99