Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Droning noise from the rear

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello. Just picked up a new LR yesterday. I noticed a very consistent low frequency noise from the rear of the car when i encounter any roughness in the road surface. From tapping on surfaces, it seems like its the rear window which has a very noticeable "Drum like" sound when you touch it. Is this common? Seems like may not be sealed correctly. None of the other windows do this. Please let me know. Thank You

I checked this out. Great resource. I don't think its a pressure issue. The window itself seems to not be completely secured like the other fixed glass is. The slightest vibration turns it into a speaker. Anyone else notice this? Makes for a very loud experience as you drive under anything other than brand new asphalt. Thanks

Check the fit of the left side and right side rubber bump stops on inside of the hatch cover. These should be adjusted equally in 1/4 turns or 1/2 turns in or out until the hatch is secured in position when closed.

I checked this out. Great resource. I don't think its a pressure issue. The window itself seems to not be completely secured like the other fixed glass is. The slightest vibration turns it into a speaker. Anyone else notice this? Makes for a very loud experience as you drive under anything other than brand new asphalt. Thanks
I experience low bass drum like sounds coming from rear hatch area when driving over rougher streets in my few days old 2022 model y performance. Not sure of the cause. When driving on newer streets I do not hear the sound.