Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drop-In Center Console now in the Tesla Model S online store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A photo doesn't completely capture the amount of space available in the console because it is hard to photograph the concealed space.

I stuck an LED puck inside the concealed space to illuminate the space. I had 2 glasses cases (one was a large Oakley case), my J1772 adapter and a few other items in the second photo.
WP_20140309_002.jpg
WP_20140309_003.jpg

Agreed. It was very hard decision for me. My order was placed after Tesla making Premium center console available, otherwise I might have switch to Jaguar or BMW, so improved "creature-comforts" really help in my case.
Hopefully, Tesla could do more such as matching color carpet/seatbelt, and rear console that I really want.

Where did you see this rear console?

At the first Get Amped test drive event at the Fremont factory in June 2012:

Opportunity Console - New Photos, Poll

I assume noone has heard anything else from them on this one then? Because it seems like MANY people would love a back center console. I assume it locks into the center child locks and can be easily removed? Either way, it looks pretty great!

I assume noone has heard anything else from them on this one then? Because it seems like MANY people would love a back center console. I assume it locks into the center child locks and can be easily removed? Either way, it looks pretty great!

Email ownership and tell them so. Tell them the the massive response to their center console is likely a good predictor of the response for a rear console, if not even more so...lack of rear cupholders and storage has long been one of the few gripes people make about the car. Make us a console that will slide right into the Frunk "Microwave" when not in use!

A photo doesn't completely capture the amount of space available in the console because it is hard to photograph the concealed space.

I stuck an LED puck inside the concealed space to illuminate the space. I had 2 glasses cases (one was a large Oakley case), my J1772 adapter and a few other items in the second photo.
View attachment 44866View attachment 44867

Thanks for sharing! That does seem larger than it appears based on the stuff you put in the second pic. For further reference, are those cup holders about the same diameter as the armrest ones or are they bigger?

Another question - could a small Kleenex box fit in front of the cup holders?

Email ownership and tell them so. Tell them the the massive response to their center console is likely a good predictor of the response for a rear console, if not even more so...lack of rear cupholders and storage has long been one of the few gripes people make about the car. Make us a console that will slide right into the Frunk "Microwave" when not in use!

Good idea. I just did.

Thanks for sharing! That does seem larger than it appears based on the stuff you put in the second pic. For further reference, are those cup holders about the same diameter as the armrest ones or are they bigger?

Another question - could a small Kleenex box fit in front of the cup holders?
The cup holders are larger and can be adjusted for even larger drinks as the curved partitions slide into select able slots. I will test a Kleenex box soon.

I think it will be several months before they can include one in an ordered car. It seems htey are working on the first couple hundred or so units and there is a list of over 3000.
Spoke to my DS today and asked about the Center Consoles. He told me that they are "on hold" for a while. Doesn't know any details, but guessed there was some production issue.

What he said was that they weren't shipping any to install, period. Not that it was on hold for new cars. They stopped shipping them.

I don't know who has the more recent information, but when I was in my local service center 2 weeks ago, while I was waiting, a few center consoles were received from Fedex and calls went out to owners to schedule an install . . .