Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drop-In Center Console now in the Tesla Model S online store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the email. i am torn between getting it and not. I like to be able to organize stuff in the center. currently have stuff thrown into a Tesla bag sitting in the center. and as others have noted, great spot to place takeout or leftovers without the juices escaping the takeout box.
the armrest cupholders don't bother me so new cupholders aren't a selling point for me. i like being able to place an umbrella down below the 17in screen for when it rains. how much storage space is there in the new cubbie hole (where the cupholders would be)?

Got the email. i am torn between getting it and not. I like to be able to organize stuff in the center. currently have stuff thrown into a Tesla bag sitting in the center. and as others have noted, great spot to place takeout or leftovers without the juices escaping the takeout box.
the armrest cupholders don't bother me so new cupholders aren't a selling point for me. i like being able to place an umbrella down below the 17in screen for when it rains. how much storage space is there in the new cubbie hole (where the cupholders would be)?
There's still plenty of room for an umbrella; you don't lose very much space! I'm assuming the new design isn't a major change, but I hear it's not.

- - - Updated - - -

I think I received it in May shortly before shipments and installations were halted.
Same here...was in the first or second batch of 10.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm pretty sure that either HTC or iPhone would use one of the USB slots. Someone else here could confirm. You could opt for the micro USB, and use a USB to lightning adapter (though it seems from the reviews that reliability is hit and miss). In fact, earlier in this thread (I think), people were saying that the iphone adapter is useless if you have a case. An adapter like this solves that problem.
21SUvPhwfzL.jpg
Yeah, it uses one of the 2 ports, but (a) you can unplug the dock when you want, (b) you still have an open USB port, and (c) you can always use a 12V adapter!

For what it's worth, Tesla probably doesn't make this console in-house. It's possible that the shop they are using can't keep up, and they are too busy to find a new/better shop to produce them.

For example, the parcel shelf is made by an upholstery shop in Southern California, and they had a hard time keeping up with demand in the beginning.

Piano Black is only supposed to be on the top of the flip cover. Since I plan to have my cover open all of the time so I can be charging my phone, that should mean that no Piano Black will ever be showing.

I have a CF interior and had planned to have CF on the flip cover, but I've decided to change my order to PB, save the $200 - and shouldn't ever notice that PB is on the underside of the flip cover - and hidden from view.

Pics please!
For quality pics, I can tell you that the ones on the shop.teslamotors site accurately depict the just-released version. In any event, here are some admittedly low-quality pics that I took with my phone earlier.
photo 1 (3).JPG
photo 1 (2).JPG
photo 2 (4).JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the pics. Does your iPhone fit with a case installed?
Not without removing the bottom segment of the case.

Doh! I had hoped that Tesla would have improved on this aspect in the new redesign.
If the connector came out just a tad more, it would work; but I guess the issue is that the "bezel" created by a case is of varying width depending on the case itself and the only way to ensure that the phone sits flush and secure on the floor and against the back panel is to design the charging component assuming no case. That's just my guess, though.

Anyone in Europe that knows anything about this being even possible to order in Europe?

Of course it is. I ordered mine in October and will supposedly get mine soon, since I ordered in piano black. And by the way, I really like the piano black finish. I didn't find any of the alternatives very appealing, even if I could have ordered the carbon fiber at the same cost as I have a P +. I have had the car for 11 months now and I thing I have wiped the piano black details twice. So the problem with fingerprints is non-existant for me. But of couse I don't have children in my car....

Of course it is. I ordered mine in October and will supposedly get mine soon, since I ordered in piano black. And by the way, I really like the piano black finish. I didn't find any of the alternatives very appealing, even if I could have ordered the carbon fiber at the same cost as I have a P +. I have had the car for 11 months now and I thing I have wiped the piano black details twice. So the problem with fingerprints is non-existant for me. But of couse I don't have children in my car....

Great. And what is the price for it in Norway (in NOK)?
(Please indicate if the price is with or without VAT)

Why is the stitching white?

The stitching on all of the surrounding surfaces is black - look at the seats, the piece the console sits upon, the dash. Oh goodness, this is certainly a deal breaker for me. They couldn't match the color of the stitching to the rest of the car? Say it ain't so.

The stitching on all of the surrounding surfaces is black - look at the seats, the piece the console sits upon, the dash. Oh goodness, this is certainly a deal breaker for me. They couldn't match the color of the stitching to the rest of the car? Say it ain't so.

^^^^This.
I can't believe how off this looks. I hope it's just because of odd lighting in the pictures. On TM.com the stitching doesn't look that bright. I was on the fence of getting one (wife really wants one to stuff "all the important things we have to have in the car"), but this is a deal breaker for me. No thank you, $600 saved.

It is so. It appears that white stitching was also used in the photos of the console on the Tesla site.