Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drop-in phone charger with a case?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1+ for the toothpick jammed under the lightning connector cord suggestion. The small bumper case doesn't interfere with charging now on the iPhone 6. Took a min to figure out you have to semi-close the cover so you can push the connector's plastic piece forward to free it from the whole console.

Just got the new integrated center console installed in my P85D along with the iPhone 6+ rail guides. Works great but without my Tesla leather case on the phone. It just won't go in with it. Pretty tight fit so I'm not sure any case would do it. Odd that it works for some but not others.

I have had my Tesla for over a year and just upgraded to the IPhone 8 Plus from a 6 Plus. I always had difficulty with cases fitting and the phone charging due to the shallow depth of the phone connector. My having to modify cases to slide in smoothly.

Yesterday in frustration I realized I could trim the plastic glide Tesla provides with a box cutter and everything fits and charges.

I still need a thin case but it works for me!

I recently bought an iPhone X and got the Spigen Ultra Hybrid case. Does anyone use a Spigen case with an iPhone to attest whether it would fit the drop-in phone charger? I was thinking about buying it from Tesla's website, but I wanted to check if the fitment would work first.