Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drop-in subwoofer upgrade?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

zhu-

custom title
Oct 24, 2018
NJ
Has anyone come across a better subwoofer that's the same size and can run in the OEM box and amp? I'd prefer not to run additional wires, amps, etc. The factory one gets pretty loud but it doesn't sound that great. Curious to see if there are any simple upgrades available.

Don't know if this will help but people have been replacing their dead 12v batteries with a lithium battery and have stated much better results in their bass. Might be an option (although they're not cheap ~$450).

Hmm that's very interesting because I swear my oem subwoofer sounded better before. I'm not too much of an audiophile but did do some focused testing between the 3's audio and my previous C300's Burmester upon delivery and get the feeling it sounds slightly worse now than back then.

Could the 12v battery have deteriorated enough in under two years for the subwoofer's audio quality to change? It sounds boomy and muddier now even on the same settings which have been mostly unchanged.

Hmm that's very interesting because I swear my oem subwoofer sounded better before. I'm not too much of an audiophile but did do some focused testing between the 3's audio and my previous C300's Burmester upon delivery and get the feeling it sounds slightly worse now than back then.

Could the 12v battery have deteriorated enough in under two years for the subwoofer's audio quality to change? It sounds boomy and muddier now even on the same settings which have been mostly unchanged.

Everything but the propulsion of the car runs on this 12v battery. My 12v battery died and was replace yesterday. I only got 2 years out of mine. Extreme temps deteriorate batteries. Sad I only got 2 years. Also keep in mind these batteries are very small.

• Informative
Reactions: lUtriaNt and zhu-
Everything but the propulsion of the car runs on this 12v battery. My 12v battery died and was replace yesterday. I only got 2 years out of mine. Extreme temps deteriorate batteries. Sad I only got 2 years. Also keep in mind these batteries are very small.

Did the car alert you when it needed replacing? I'll go for the lithium battery since it seems like it saves time and money in the long run in addition to potential audio consistency.

Reactions: lUtriaNt