Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drove 2000+ miles, safety score 99 but no FSD beta yet. Please help.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been driving my Tesla Model Y since last 4 Months.
Drove almost 6k+ miles with first 200+ miles on 100 safety score and then another 2k+ miles on 99.
But still haven't got the invite for FSD beta yet.
I have a software currently running is 2022.4.5.3 which seems latest one..

• Funny
Reactions: lUtriaNt
I have been driving my Tesla Model Y since last 4 Months.
Drove almost 6k+ miles with first 200+ miles on 100 safety score and then another 2k+ miles on 99.
But still haven't got the invite for FSD beta yet.
I have a software currently running is 2022.4.5.3 which seems latest one..
If it’s been 4 months, what was your score around Xmas. You missed the boat.

Move to Canada for a while 😉

I had FSD Beta on my X before I traded it for an S. Don’t really care if I get Beta back. I might care a year from now if it’s a LOT better. But right now, I’m likely to try it and regret it because I smashed my car up with it.

• Funny
Reactions: Rusty1
If it’s been 4 months, what was your score around Xmas. You missed the boat.

Move to Canada for a while 😉

I had FSD Beta on my X before I traded it for an S. Don’t really care if I get Beta back. I might care a year from now if it’s a LOT better. But right now, I’m likely to try it and regret it because I smashed my car up with it.
Yeah you smashed your car up with Beta. Finding that to be a tale

Yeah you smashed your car up with Beta. Finding that to be a tale
What are you talking about? I didn’t smash my car. You misread my ambiguous sentence.

I said IF I had it, I’d probably regret it because I would be tempted to try and it I’d smashed my car with it. And I will tell you that is a very real possibility. Probably won’t kill you though.

I came damn close one time when out of the blue it wanted to drive right into the guard rail with absolutely nothing around. Guard rail was right at the edge of the road and probably only half a car width away (on the edge of being in range of ultra sonics). No passing car or anything. I was so lucky I caught it. Amazed I did, actually. I can understand it struggling with complex intersections etc. But this was nothing complex. No harsh sun, no bad weather. I was about 10 car lengths before turning on to a highway ramp.

Kind of surprised there hasn’t been more accidents. And there have been a few.

I didn’t use it much after that incident. That was about 1 month ago.

I’ve never even tried summon for 3 years and 3 Teslas. I won’t even use the auto presenting doors on the X. Nor the auto garage door opener. To many glitches reported. My friend uses all gadgets (FSD beta, summon, and auto open garage), all the time with no incidents, yet.

I have been impressed a couple times the new S warning me to potential harm with no AP or TACC active. And it was dead on correct. Feels a little different than FSD Beta when Manual driving.

What are you talking about? I didn’t smash my car. You misread my ambiguous sentence.

I said IF I had it, I’d probably regret it because I would be tempted to try and it I’d smashed my car with it. And I will tell you that is a very real possibility. Probably won’t kill you though.

I came damn close one time when out of the blue it wanted to drive right into the guard rail with absolutely nothing around. Guard rail was right at the edge of the road and probably only half a car width away (on the edge of being in range of ultra sonics). No passing car or anything. I was so lucky I caught it. Amazed I did, actually. I can understand it struggling with complex intersections etc. But this was nothing complex. No harsh sun, no bad weather. I was about 10 car lengths before turning on to a highway ramp.

Kind of surprised there hasn’t been more accidents. And there have been a few.

I didn’t use it much after that incident. That was about 1 month ago.

I’ve never even tried summon for 3 years and 3 Teslas. I won’t even use the auto presenting doors on the X. Nor the auto garage door opener. To many glitches reported. My friend uses all gadgets (FSD beta, summon, and auto open garage), all the time with no incidents, yet.

I have been impressed a couple times the new S warning me to potential harm with no AP or TACC active. And it was dead on correct. Feels a little different than FSD Beta when Manual driving.
Sorry if I read it wrong but “I’m likely to try it and regret it because I smashed my car up with it.” Sounded past tense. None the less, I have been using it for some time now and find it Very impressive and capable. Not complete or perfect but worth the journey.