Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drove 2000+ miles, safety score 99 but no FSD beta yet. Please help.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been driving my Tesla Model Y since last 4 Months.
Drove almost 6k+ miles with first 200+ miles on 100 safety score and then another 2k+ miles on 99.
But still haven't got the invite for FSD beta yet.
I have a software currently running is 2022.4.5.3 which seems latest one..

I have been driving my Tesla Model Y since last 4 Months.
Drove almost 6k+ miles with first 200+ miles on 100 safety score and then another 2k+ miles on 99.
But still haven't got the invite for FSD beta yet.
I have a software currently running is 2022.4.5.3 which seems latest one..

I don't think Tesla is adding new testers to FSD Beta right now. But if or when they do again, you will probably get it if you keep your safety score high.

Maybe someone should tell Elon that there are Tesla owners who are patiently waiting to join and can't get in? He seems to think that Tesla owners can just join whenever they want:

The best way to reach your own assessment is to join the Tesla Full Self-Driving beta program where we have over 100,000 people right now enrolled in that program and we expect to broaden that significantly this year. So that’s my recommendation, join the Full Self-Driving beta program and experience it for yourself and take note of the rate of improvement with every release. And we put out a new release roughly every two weeks. So — and you’ll see a little bit of two steps forward one step back, but overall the rate of improvement is incredibly quick. So, that’s my recommendation for reaching your own assessment is literally try it.

Reactions: xalthe and dbldwn02
Maybe someone should tell Elon that there are Tesla owners who are patiently waiting to join and can't get in? He seems to think that Tesla owners can just join whenever they want:

Yeah, I hadn't really considered this, but it actually is a plausible explanation. Perhaps there really is some miscommunication going on, and Elon and/or other people in charge of FSD Beta at some higher level don't actually understand that the software hasn't gone out at all to the many thousands waiting in the queue in the US the past ~4-5 months.

It seems very unlikely, but it is plausible.

Most likely everyone in his normal orbit (employees, friends, whatever) who owns a Tesla is already in the beta. Maybe whomever's managing the queue sends regular reports upstream (about beta-enrollment stats, intervention stats, etc) on a regular basis, but they're being misinterpreted by those above who read them, who then incorrectly infer that new entrants are still actually getting FSD Beta firmware all this time? ("Oh! I thought that stat meant FSD Beta testers were expanding, but it's actually just the queue that's expanding?").

I don't think (from what I've trawled on the topic, anyways) that we really have any direct confirmation that Elon is aware of the issue. We *do* see that he ignores relevant twitter questions about when more US drivers will get it, but it could be the case that he's ignoring them because he misunderstands what they're really asking about and thinks the question is about the possible future, wider, non-safety-score rollout of beta?

If only they had a very small team that was paid to manage communications with customers...

I don't think Tesla is adding new testers to FSD Beta right now. But if or when they do again, you will probably get it if you keep your safety score high.
I have a similar situation maintaining safety scores of at least 99 for thousands of miles and not receiving the invitation to FSD. I feel disheartened and somewhat ripped off because I paid $10,000 upfront for this FSD and I’ve been driving this car for six months without it

I have a similar situation maintaining safety scores of at least 99 for thousands of miles and not receiving the invitation to FSD. I feel disheartened and somewhat ripped off because I paid $10,000 upfront for this FSD and I’ve been driving this car for six months without it

Just to be clear: if you paid for FSD, you should have the FSD features that Tesla has released publicly. You should have autopilot, navigate on autopilot, auto lane change, smart summon, and auto park. And when Tesla releases the last FSD feature on the list called "autosteer on city streets", you will also get that feature automatically. So you will get all the FSD features you paid for when they are released. You are just not in the beta program to test "autosteer on city street" ahead of the general release.

And when Tesla releases the last FSD feature on the list called "autosteer on city streets", you will also get that feature automatically. So you will get all the FSD features you paid for when they are released.
Full Disclaimer...you will get autosteer on city streets if you have FSD AND MCU2. At least that's how it looks to be rolling out...still not a single MCU1 with autosteer on city...

Welcome to the club...I, along with many others, bought FSD in 2017 and have been driving without it for 5 years.

Reactions: electricar
Have you guys driven 100+ miles on autosteer in last 30 days? And have a tesla with hardware 3.0 and newest cameras? Did you fit these requirements form June 1st, to June-7 of this year? If not, there is your reason.

There seems to be a misunderstanding here about the true purpose of FSD - FSD is to raise revenue. Hopefully the California DMV is going to get Elon’s thinking straight about selling something that doesn’t exist.

Last edited: