Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drove a brand new loaner!!! (I didn't like driver assist)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Artsci,

I'm very interested in your findings about the foam and the glue to dampen the noise of our tires. Please keep us (me) posted.

Thank you.

I've started a separate thread on foam tire sound deadening to report what I find.

- - - Updated - - -

When you ask that, ask also what ramifications the foam and esp. the cement have on one's ability to use plugs to fix punctures, if you please.

Here are Conti's repair instructions -- looks pretty easy.

I'm driving a new loaner now, too. (S85; 1,200 miles). In addition to the items noted in this thread, I've noticed that the backup camera appears to be a higher resolution, as does the driver's display. I recall the latter being discussed here, but I don't recall seeing a thread about improvements to the backup camera.

I drove a loaner yesterday while I had new microphones installed at the service center.

Did not like the auto pilot features as much...lane assist was very feeble

Speed warning popped only for few seconds...

May be things will look lot different after adaptive cruise control is activated ...

Let's see

I recently got a chance to drive a loaner.
I loved the lane keep assist. It worked very well, and didn't give me false warmers when changing lanes.
Even if my turn signal stopped halfway across the warning didn't sound.
The speed assist is ok, I'm glad they have an option for how much buffer to give it. However, I suspect I would turn that off when driving in familiar territory.

I will need to go look at the tire when I'm home again next week. It's definitely not the DW. Here's what was on my invoice:

TIRE - P245/35R21 - CSC5 (1030074-00-B)

Could well be, but TireRack's description doesn't talk about the foam insert either. I wonder if it's the same tire, or if Tesla has a special SKU.

I found this ContiSportContact 5. Note in the description ContiSilent. Also the price is not $350, but rather $422.

Larry

Also driving new S85 loaner today, as my 2012 P85 is in for 2nd annual service.

* Updated (but not new/recaro) seats - enough that I'm having the driver seat mod done!

Dislikes:
* When you take away the alcantra liner and extended leather interior options, the interior really degrades! Glad I have them!
* Parking sensors! I was contemplating spending $2500+ to retrofit, and boy am I glad I did not! Getting in and out of my garage is just a series of beeps and warnings. Stopping at traffic signal invariably sets it off too. Yikes!

Don't Needs:
* Driver assist functions? Meh. Speed limit sign pops up... I already knew. Lane departure, likewise. So, I guess the one time you weren't paying attention and wandered or sped by accident, it's good to be beeped at. The rest of the time, when you are doing it with full awareness, the intervention is pure annoying.

Very glad I made the decision not to spend extra and upgrade. I'm sure I would love the P85D acceleration. But that's it.