Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drove a brand new loaner with a lot of differences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did a comparison to a June 2014 (loaner) that I had for a few days while my September 2014 vehicle was in having some work done on it a while back:
(to the Model S, aside from 'D') - Page 2

About the blank on the wiper stalk. That's a standard Mercedes stalk and the blank spot is where controls for the rear wiper would go. Personally I think the new stalks are nicer looking with the silver ends and without the whole stalk acting as a button. But I think that's just a matter of opinion.

I also have the lacewood trim. When I went to a specialty wood supplier to try and make a yacht floor, theirs looked nothing like mine, color or texture. In fact he didn't really believe it was lacewood in the car. So I'm not surprised Tesla would have problems getting it consistent.
sorry more OT
The lace wood boards I have are pretty much exactly like my dash texture. I just used black analine dye and buffed it out then beeswaxed it
flash made pic a bit over exposed
DSC00648resize.jpg

also have veneer that is pretty similar, not as tight of a grain though, more spotted looking

sorry more OT
The lace wood boards I have are pretty much exactly like my dash texture. I just used black analine dye and buffed it out then beeswaxed it
flash made pic a bit over exposed
View attachment 65756
also have veneer that is pretty similar, not as tight of a grain though, more spotted looking

That's a great match with the dye, looks good.

- - - Updated - - -

I did a comparison to a June 2014 (loaner) that I had for a few days while my September 2014 vehicle was in having some work done on it a while back:
(to the Model S, aside from 'D') - Page 2

About the blank on the wiper stalk. That's a standard Mercedes stalk and the blank spot is where controls for the rear wiper would go. Personally I think the new stalks are nicer looking with the silver ends and without the whole stalk acting as a button. But I think that's just a matter of opinion.

I did like the feel of the new PRND stalk better.