TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Drove a new loaner VIN 62XXX -- some new touches...

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Ed Chan, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Ed Chan

Ed Chan Member

So I was given a brand new loaner with VIN 62XXX, delivered on 11/29 or something like that... It had a few new minor details that didn't come in my 52XXX build...

1. Brushed aluminum door sills

IMG_3037.jpg
    2. Reconfigured trunk (though this may be for the subwoofer that I don't have)
    IMG_3038.jpg IMG_3039.jpg IMG_3040.jpg IMG_3041.jpg

3. New sun visor label that is less ugly... Sorry, no pics of this

4. New rear seats with higher headrests, again, no pics...

Interesting how they keep making little changes as they advance in production. For those curious, the frunk still had the back pocket since my loaner wasn't a D.

Attached Files:

2. Blu Zap

Blu Zap Grinning member

I like those brushed aluminum door sills. I saw one on a new MS at the Vacaville Supercharger. I've been scouring the internet since, looking for a source. None yet. Tesla gear should come out with it. Evannex will be on it soon enough.

3. Glitch

Glitch Member

I drove the P85D yesterday in Vegas, it indeed is insane. But can confirm all of the above. The frunk space is 45% less than the none D version. Ow and I got the unique TDG cap that is given to new tesla owners. 10850138_10203423467807528_5110650494461548679_n.jpg

4. Majerus

Majerus Member

I like the door sills, were they part of the upgraded interior package? My car which was built second week of November does not have them.

5. Lerxt

Lerxt Member

Mine is a RHD made early October and delivered December and has the door sills.

6. mgboyes

mgboyes Member

My RHD June 2014 car (406XX) has metal door sills. I assumed the car had always had them!

They're unbelievably easy to scratch - I recommend you get some protective film on them ASAP.