TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Drove an ICE for the first time in months and saw a new Model S in Dallas

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Justicepool, May 16, 2016.

1. Justicepool

Justicepool Member

I took an ICE vehicle (2015 Lexus 300H) to Dallas for a business trip last week and this was my first time to drive an ICE since mid-January. Wow, did I ever miss my Tesla.

- I really missed Autopilot. It's amazing how much I use it and how I noticed not having it made the trip more taxing.
    -I missed the engine breaking. Seriously, that is really convenient once one becomes accustom to it.
    -The power. Oh how I missed the power, the Lexus felt like a sled compared to my Tesla.
    -TACC- I know some ICE cars have this, but the 2015 Lexus I was driving did not (what's up with that Lexus??) and that is another feature that I really enjoy in the Tesla.
    -I forgot to turn the Lexus off a couple of times.
    -Power, did I mention that I missed the power of my Tesla???

We drove by the new Dallas service center/gallery and they had a new model Tesla Model S on location. When I first saw them in pictures I preferred the look of my Tesla, but after seeing one in person I really like the new look. Which also bodes well for the Model 3 in my opinion. I think they look really sharp and would encourage one to reserve judgment until one has had the opportunity to see one in person. They are sharp!!!

Now, I need to get a Model X. :)

• Like x 2
  2. Boourns

Boourns Member

Sometimes you have to go without to be reminded of what you have!

I agree. I think the refreshed design looks better in person than in pictures.

• Like x 1
  3. Wknapp0924

Wknapp0924 Member

I was in the same boat had to travel for work and I left the Tesla with my wife.

The hundred mile drive in the fully loaded Honda accord was absolutely terrible and my neck was hurting and I was tired when I arrived at my destination.

4. Frisco-Dad

Frisco-Dad Member

@Justicepool @Wknapp0924 why didn't you take the tesla on your business trip? I take the model S whenever on a roadtrip for work or personal. The only time we take my wife's minivan is when we need the extra seats. We don't have the model X...... yet.

5. mspohr

mspohr Active Member

We have a second car, an old Land Rover which we use to take stuff to the dump and other haulage and deep snow. Don't drive it much or far but son in law borrowed it and returned it empty so I had to take to the gas station to refill (it's been about 4 months). Shocking to drive into the toxic waste dump of a gas station and spend $60 for gas. It's so easy to forget all of the unpleasant aspects of owning an ICE car.

6. Wknapp0924

Wknapp0924 Member

Compromise. She gets the car this week and I will get the car next week when I come back for travel. Plus I don't like Tessy being un-garaged too long, but when I'm down in SD I always get her detailed before I drive back.

7. Justicepool

Justicepool Member

The drive was 355 miles each way. I would have had to stop in Abilene and spend the night to charge and didn't want to stop half way. I had court early in the morning and wanted to stay close to court. And, I didn't get to leave home until almost 9 o'clock the night before court, so it just didn't work out for me.

The main reason I want an X is that I just prefer SUV's in general. They are easier for me to get in and out of with my long legs. lol. At 6'3" the S is low to the ground for me. But, i do prefer the looks of the S over the X.