Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drove an ICE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have done that many times. Had a Mercedes where the shifter is identical in function to the Y since 2017 and then the Y. Basically 5 years of habit. Got into the company Ridgeline yesterday and hit the wipers and then forgot to turn it off when getting out.

Reactions: RyMY
In my case, I just spent the last week in the UK where I have an ICE car. So, From the MY to a stick-shift, on the wrong side of the car, on the wrong side of the road, and the car is crap, I can't overtake anything because it has no power. Gah.

On the plus side, no driving errors or leaving it turned on. My 'muscle memory' must still be intact :) Miraculously, it started right up after being left for 4 months, so that was a bonus too :)

Drove my wife’s car this past weekend. When I was parallel parking, I switched on the wipers instead of putting the car into reverse. Was confused for a second there. Her car has the traditional shifter in the middle area. She was like “what’s the matter with you”. Lol.
My other car is a Prius Prime that I drive maybe once every 3 months when I need to park it in the airport. So many things I forget to do it's ridiculous. I always forget to release the parking brakes. After driving Tesla, it's just DUMB for any car to not automatically release parking brakes when you switch to D(rive). I mean, when do you ever have a scenario that you want to drive with parking brakes on?! I'm sure someone will tell me one that one person in a million will find themselves in.

I forget to turn on the car before driving, or turn off before leaving. I forget to brake when I'm trying to slow down. I press the wrong stalk to try turn on the wipers. Besides the blind-spot monitor, everything in my 2017 Prius seems to be from the last century, LOL.

Reactions: RyMY and Stan930
Yeah, my family makes fun of me all the time... When I switch cars and take the kids to school in my other car, I'll walk up to the car and fiddle with the handle, then realize I have to go back into the house to grab the keys. My kids will be like, "daddy where are you going?"... Then when I get into the car, I turn the wipers on in the garage..... Then when we switch back, my wife will look at me like I'm blind becuase I'll sometimes swing my hand over looking for a shifter and bump my drink in the cupholder.

On our last vacation we had to rent a car because there were no good routes with supercharging going through New Mexico. I realized how much I had changed my driving habits when we parked the Infiniti at the restaurant, and when we finished dinner and came back out the engine was still running with the doors unlocked. Whooops!