Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drove through a heavy rainstorm and then noticed water in my hatch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Howdy folks,
Has anyone else dealt with this issue? I drove through a heavy rainstorm thursday afternoon and when I got home to pull my range bag out of the trunk noticed water was sitting in the trunk latch area... so I scanned the outer edge of the trunk and noticed that there was wetness and dripping water from the left trunk recessed handle area... I remember hearing about this problem from folks like Kman, but I thought that Tesla had come up with a fix for this and applied it to cars when they came in for service? Is that fix an item that can wear out over time or become less effective?

Thanks!

Yes that is a known issue effecting some cars. You can search TMC for something like "rear hatch water leak" and you should find other threads about it. Contact your service center, tell them the problem, and they should fix it.

As far as I know, Tesla does not automatically install the fix unless the owner has the problem you describe and brings it to their attention.

• Helpful
Reactions: SeminoleFSU