Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drove two hours for a delivery and got sent home

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m still a little in disbelief at how delivery day went. When my wife and I ordered our Model 3 SR+ we decided to choose the Ottawa pick up location as it’s a little bit closer to us than Toronto. The actual buying and paperwork process was pretty smooth overall, as we got closer to our delivery date (today), we coordinated a time and the sales rep reassured me that everything would be set for the stated delivery time.

Fast forward to today, my wife and I both took the day off of work and set our five year old up with childcare so we could go get the car together. We arrive and receive instructions to call the Operations Advisor (based in Toronto) so that we can start the delivery process. Over the phone call he tells us that he’s just picking up work on the Ottawa files as of 9:30am and he will have to get back to us to see if it’s possible to take the car home.

An hour of waiting goes by and then we hear from him that the process to get the plates never got started, let alone sent to Ottawa. He then tells me he doesn’t know what to say and to go home.

You can all imagine how I’m feeling right now as my wife drives us back home. I wrote an email to the sales rep and the operations advisor to let them know how pissed off I am but it feels a lot like yelling at nothing. I’m not sure where to go from here...

What feels even worse is that the operations advisor remotely unlocked the car for us so we could see it and start checking the build quality. Frustrating to get excited about putting in the new floor mats and then take them out again.

Attachments

• EE2082B0-5CB8-4FD0-BD9E-8DD0FE50AF3D.jpeg
    EE2082B0-5CB8-4FD0-BD9E-8DD0FE50AF3D.jpeg
    563.4 KB · Views: 82
I’m still a little in disbelief at how delivery day went. When my wife and I ordered our Model 3 SR+ we decided to choose the Ottawa pick up location as it’s a little bit closer to us than Toronto. The actual buying and paperwork process was pretty smooth overall, as we got closer to our delivery date (today), we coordinated a time and the sales rep reassured me that everything would be set for the stated delivery time.

Fast forward to today, my wife and I both took the day off of work and set our five year old up with childcare so we could go get the car together. We arrive and receive instructions to call the Operations Advisor (based in Toronto) so that we can start the delivery process. Over the phone call he tells us that he’s just picking up work on the Ottawa files as of 9:30am and he will have to get back to us to see if it’s possible to take the car home.

An hour of waiting goes by and then we hear from him that the process to get the plates never got started, let alone sent to Ottawa. He then tells me he doesn’t know what to say and to go home.

You can all imagine how I’m feeling right now as my wife drives us back home. I wrote an email to the sales rep and the operations advisor to let them know how pissed off I am but it feels a lot like yelling at nothing. I’m not sure where to go from here...

What feels even worse is that the operations advisor remotely unlocked the car for us so we could see it and start checking the build quality. Frustrating to get excited about putting in the new floor mats and then take them out again.
I would try to get Tesla to deliver it at home for no extra charge.