Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dry cleaning in Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AnneBoleyn

Anne Boleyn
Oct 15, 2016
USA
new model x driver here. We can't figure out how or wear to our newly dry cleaned things. We travel a lot for business so our frunk is primarily used for computers and files, then our trunk space is limited with the seats up. Delorean doors don't allow for the traditional hanging mount. Has anyone found a good solution for this? Also don't want wire hangers scratching vegan leather seats!! Any creative solutions appreciated

There are years of posts on how to hang clothes in Models S & X, but I'll add to them for the first time here, as my solution differs from most.

If you look at the lower back of the second-row seats, you will find the slit in the fabric that provides access to the child-seat strap anchors (these are not the LATCH anchors - those are in the front, hidden in the crack between the seats' horizontal and vertical members).

I take TWO of the +/- 6" long bungee cords that each form a single loop with a plastic ball joining the two ends - very common items; I cannot provide a photo this morning so I hope that description suffices. One gets looped through that anchor as described above; the second is ganged to the first.

When you need to hang clothes, reach behind the seat and grab the loop, stretch it up to the seat top and snag your clothes hangar with it. The two bungees I suggest provide just the right amount of tension to keep 1-5 or so items suspended near the top of the seat back. You don't want too-strong or -weak elasticity, for obvious reasons.

When you want to make this set-up disappear you can stuff the two bungees below the seat back. Our Model X has the fold-down seats, which makes this a zero-hassle operation.

This works really well for multi-thousand miles trips. I'll try to snag a photo or two later in the day.

• Informative
Reactions: AnneBoleyn
new model x driver here. We can't figure out how or wear to our newly dry cleaned things. We travel a lot for business so our frunk is primarily used for computers and files, then our trunk space is limited with the seats up. Delorean doors don't allow for the traditional hanging mount. Has anyone found a good solution for this? Also don't want wire hangers scratching vegan leather seats!! Any creative solutions appreciated
Should be "where" autotext is brutal

There are years of posts on how to hang clothes in Models S & X, but I'll add to them for the first time here, as my solution differs from most.

If you look at the lower back of the second-row seats, you will find the slit in the fabric that provides access to the child-seat strap anchors (these are not the LATCH anchors - those are in the front, hidden in the crack between the seats' horizontal and vertical members).

I take TWO of the +/- 6" long bungee cords that each form a single loop with a plastic ball joining the two ends - very common items; I cannot provide a photo this morning so I hope that description suffices. One gets looped through that anchor as described above; the second is ganged to the first.

When you need to hang clothes, reach behind the seat and grab the loop, stretch it up to the seat top and snag your clothes hangar with it. The two bungees I suggest provide just the right amount of tension to keep 1-5 or so items suspended near the top of the seat back. You don't want too-strong or -weak elasticity, for obvious reasons.

When you want to make this set-up disappear you can stuff the two bungees below the seat back. Our Model X has the fold-down seats, which makes this a zero-hassle operation.

This works really well for multi-thousand miles trips. I'll try to snag a photo or two later in the day.
Thank you for the information. Our seats fold down too, a photo would be very helpful. I'm a visual person! I'm moderately handy but am petrified of messing the car up. I'm also not sure how to search existing threads!! Thanks for taking the time to let me know about this!

I use a suction cup from a HD Pro Camera

IMG_2236.jpg

No need to overpay for those hooks on a Tesla website. Just go to AMAZON and type in black suction cup hooks. Or click here.

I bought THESE and I am disappointed in them. When holding dry cleaning they work great but when empty they don't stay in place. I often find them on the floor. They also like to fall off when you try to pull out your dry cleaning. Really annoying.

Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 2.39.09 PM.png

• Informative
Reactions: GoTslaGo