Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DS — Steady Backpedaling of Standard Story

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ForeverFree

Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2015
Sherman Oaks, CA
SoCal owner/line-waiter
Invited to configure 11/22, ordered 11/23

“Four weeks”

First call from DS a couple weeks ago: “Mid to late December”

Last week: “Still shooting for end of year”

Now: “Trying to get as many cars to people as soon as possible. Should be able to get you more information pretty soon.”

Not an encouraging trend ...

SoCal owner/line-waiter
Invited to configure 11/22, ordered 11/23

“Four weeks”

First call from DS a couple weeks ago: “Mid to late December”

Last week: “Still shooting for end of year”

Now: “Trying to get as many cars to people as soon as possible. Should be able to get you more information pretty soon.”

Not an encouraging trend ...

Tesla provided a 4 week delivery estimate to the early owners who configured. If they delivered the cars in 5-6 weeks, it would not constitute a "late delivery". It would be miraculous !

Having the right attitude allows one to breeze through life without sweating the small stuff...

TY

Tesla provided a 4 week delivery estimate to the early owners who configured. If they delivered the cars in 5-6 weeks, it would not constitute a "late delivery". It would be miraculous !

Having the right attitude allows one to breeze through life without sweating the small stuff...

TY

I had posted merely to see if people had been getting a similar sense from their DS interactions.

Delivery or not, the attitude I’ve cultivated through five decades of living indeed allows me to breeze through without sweating the small stuff. An important lesson, ‘tis true!

But thank you for the unsolicited life coaching. I can now chalk up an interesting new experience ... being condescended to on a forum intended for info sharing. I’ve watched it happen to others but had heretofore missed out on this invaluable opportunity. I’ll consider my life now the richer for it.

And, it does seem to provide a certain special pleasure to those whose role on these forums seems to be the critique of others’ postings. I hope you’ve found that the case.

So, seriously, thanks for the reminder to go out and enjoy today’s sunshine rather than dwelling further on TMC. Cheers!

Signed —
A Life Coach in LA

Last edited:
I just got the call - that the car won't be ready this week.:(

The earliest I could get it would be 12/26, which would be 5 weeks from when I configured. Will miss my holiday road trip (bummer), but at least I get to claim the tax credit this year (consolation prize) :).

• Informative
Reactions: Skidmark
I noticed you said you weren’t going to post here anymore. I’m glad you are back. You were missed.

Thanks.

I just get frustrated with the snakiness and negativity which seems to choke the life out of so many otherwise-valuable TMC threads.

People post to share info and learn from each other ... not to be evaluated, corrected or otherwise put in their place by self-appointed judge/teachers.

I've been an educator my whole life, and I would never take with my kids the condescending tone which a few TMCers take with fellow adults ... who have never signed on to be their students!

I just get frustrated with the snakiness and negativity which seems to choke the life out of so many otherwise-valuable TMC threads.

The negativity I saw was in your initial post, then in your reply to RubberToe. You made your post to whine about not receiving your car within Tesla's estimate, RubberToe tried to support you with a glass half full approach, and you somehow took offense to that.

VIN 1608 in Black scheduled for delivery 12/31 in Marina Del Rey. Reserved at a store on first day, configured on 11/21, VIN on 12/7.

Congrats.

Just wondering, did they pressure you at all to take delivery this year? When I spoke with my DS and told him that 12/26 was too late for my holiday trip, he quickly asked if I'd be back from it in time to take delivery this year.