Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DS — Steady Backpedaling of Standard Story

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The negativity I saw was in your initial post, then in your reply to RubberToe. You made your post to whine about not receiving your car within Tesla's estimate, RubberToe tried to support you with a glass half full approach, and you somehow took offense to that.

Thanks for the evaluation.

Please put it ito the “Comments” section of my report card.

Thanks.

I just get frustrated with the snakiness and negativity which seems to choke the life out of so many otherwise-valuable TMC threads.

People post to share info and learn from each other ... not to be evaluated, corrected or otherwise put in their place by self-appointed judge/teachers.

I've been an educator my whole life, and I would never take with my kids the condescending tone which a few TMCers take with fellow adults ... who have never signed on to be their students!
You’ve been negative and condescending throughout this thread. I can’t say everyone has been as kind in response as they should have, but such is life.

Congratulations on configuring before I did, and sorry to hear it hasn’t gone as smoothly as you (and Tesla) hoped.

Congrats.

Just wondering, did they pressure you at all to take delivery this year? When I spoke with my DS and told him that 12/26 was too late for my holiday trip, he quickly asked if I'd be back from it in time to take delivery this year.

No, not at all. A couple of weeks ago I was calling in before my DS had contacted me begging to please can I get my car in 2017. So, a week ago my DS (Samantha in Vegas) called and said she was pretty sure I'd be able to make 2017. Yesterday she called with 12/31, and I could pick any time (xx:15 or xx:45) so I think I was the first to schedule for 12/31 in MdR.

Ah, another unsolicited "grader."

Thank you for taking the time the review and evaluate my postings. I'm not certain where you've seen the negativity and condescension, but I'm sorry, nonetheless. I'll earnestly strive to improve my posts in the coming semester in hopes that they will meet with your satisfaction and earn a better evaluation.

In the meantime, it appears that my instincts were right ... definitely time for me to exit, stage left ...

TMC is a hugely valuable resource, one which I will continue to take advantage of as a regular reader. I had hoped to give back as a contributor, but, at age 57, I'm just not ready to hand over to fellow adults the keys to being my critiquers and correctors. Life is way too short.

To everyone else, thank you for the wisdom, good cheer, and helpfulness which you share on a daily basis. You make this an incredible community.

• Disagree
Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
Ah, another unsolicited "grader."

Thank you for taking the time the review and evaluate my postings. I'm not certain where you've seen the negativity and condescension, but I'm sorry, nonetheless. I'll earnestly strive to improve my posts in the coming semester in hopes that they will meet with your satisfaction and earn a better evaluation.

In the meantime, it appears that my instincts were right ... definitely time for me to exit, stage left ...

TMC is a hugely valuable resource, one which I will continue to take advantage of as a regular reader. I had hoped to give back as a contributor, but, at age 57, I'm just not ready to hand over to fellow adults the keys to being my critiquers and correctors. Life is way too short.

To everyone else, thank you for the wisdom, good cheer, and helpfulness which you share on a daily basis. You make this an incredible community.

Don't listen to any of those people. I appreciated your post and helpful to know I wasn't alone!