TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

DS is looking for a new MP General Manager

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by DaveD, Aug 23, 2008.

Tags:
  1. DaveD

DaveD EVs Kick Gas!

I noticed this on DS's Twitter:

I wonder what happened to Tom O'Leary, the last GM?

2. Laurent

Laurent Member

I was told that he's leaving Tesla because of his long commute from the East Bay.

3. SteveF

SteveF Member

Impossible to know for sure if this is the real reason, but it sounds fishy. Leave a groundbreaking company like Tesla a few months before what appears to be an imminent IPO? Commute or no, I think I'd stick it out for a bit longer.

4. chimpanzee

chimpanzee Member

I visited TM LA Store back in May,

Tesla Roadster

& have TOL's business-card "General Manager". Meaning, he became GM for Tesla north..& now he's leaving?

I did overhear him say to some customers, the he was originally with Ebay Motors, which was why he was hired (background in auto sales).

5. Laurent

Laurent Member

I heard that he took a job in Southern California. Maybe another car company made him an offer he couldn't refuse. Isn't Fisker based in L.A. ? I'm sure they'd be happy to have him.

6. SteveF

SteveF Member

Now that is at least a scenario that makes some sense.