Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dual chargers quote

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sparky's preparing for her 2nd road trip to Melby Melbs from Radelaide for dual charges install.

MaxiCharger via Jetcharge & EVNomics J1772 kit is on its way!

Getting really excited to start exploring!

Tesla are quoting $3500 install - does this sound right?

Tesla — Dual Charger with Installation

"Please note the price includes installation. The parts will be shipped to the customer’s nearest Tesla Service Center from our Distribution Center."

$2000 USD approx = $2700AUD + shipping/GST etc round up to $3000

Anyone know where the extra $500 comes in?

Cheers in advance :)

That dual charger feeling. :cool:

Attachments

• 20170127_235357.jpg
    20170127_235357.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 80
Reactions: RichardMcN
The current model with max 16.5kW is very different to the dual charger upgrade, as Richard said. With the new spec chargers it is a software update as all cars come with the full 16.5kW charger hardware. The original car came with an 11kW charger, up-gradable by the physical addition of a 2nd charger to 22kW (yes, better than the current model!). It is definitely more expensive.

When I got my car I had the dual charger installed, and it was $2600 installed, but they have jacked their prices up significantly since then (early 2016) and the $3500 quoted sounds about right.

If you travel off the beaten track away from superchargers then it is well worth having - I have used mine several times at 3 phase outlets and have been very glad of it - over 100km/hr charge rate makes a huge difference to stop over times. I also have a Maxicharger (purchased direct from Europe before Tim distributed them) and have been very happy with it. They had some teething problems with the new model, but I believe they are well and truly put to bed.

I'm off to Tasmania next weekend, and the Maxicharger will get a workout there too. The dual chargers also allow you to take full advantage of Tesla 3 Phase 22kW HPWC destination chargers, of which there are more and more popping up, and quite a few in Tasmania.

Reactions: voyxr6