Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dual Color (body and roof)....Tacky or Cool?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did this to one of my old BMWs, and it looked awesome.
Pretty much giving, for example, my Black Tesla (no Pano) a Silver paint job, and leave the top black.

It looks great on other cars, but would this be tacky because it would be like "pretending" you have a Pano roof??

-Ronnie

Pretty much giving, for example, my Black Tesla (no Pano) a Silver paint job, and leave the top black.

It looks great on other cars, but would this be tacky because it would be like "pretending" you have a Pano roof??

-Ronnie

A black roof was actually a Tesla factory option until a few months ago. It'd just look like you had a factory order that went through before they discontinued the option.

Have you considered a two tone, say Salmon and Cream?

1955NashAmbassador_01_700.jpg

Perhaps more to the point, all the first year NSX's were two color:

1990-honda-nsx.jpg

It looks great on other cars, but would this be tacky because it would be like "pretending" you have a Pano roof?
My Dec 2013 Model S is silver with a black roof. I think it looks nice because the black blends in with the front and rear windows. I had no intention of trying to "pretend" to have a Pano roof. Didn't want one.

depends on the colour, black roof looks great on lighter colour cars, like the white or the red, probably good on a light grey. But on a darker colour car it looks odd, so I wouldn't do it on a dark blue, dark green, or dark grey car.

I'm wondering what people think of different colour rocker panels? I've seen a lot of pickup trucks recently with black or red body, but cream or gold rocker panels and wheel arches, I think it looks great on the trucks, I'm wondering if something similar would work well on a Tesla?

I don't think it would be tacky at all. And I have fabulous taste (according to me). But I do agree with green1. It might be best with a dark color to simply carry it through. One thing to think about is heat transfer. A black roof will heat the cabin more.