Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dual Motor now $5000

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have to wonder if this is a cash grab based on Tesla’s confidence they can deliver most of these new orders before the end of the year when the full tax incentive is still available which takes some of the sting out of it.

Looks like I won’t be doing another reconfigure on my AWD build just to change to white interior.

10, you forgot P²

as far as I'm concerned its 9, the performance options on the performance model isn't a major manufacturing consideration but since it is a nice $5000 bump and it does have lowered suspension I'll cave and list it.

Given the prices below and no paint, wheels or autopilot options:

LR battery pack $9,000
AWD $5,000 (was 4,000 for a while)
Premium Upgrades Package (PUP) $5000

There are 9.5 major hardware configs (1 is added by request but isn't a permutation of PUP, AWD, or Pack size)

1. $69,000 Performance with Performance Upgrade (Yo dawg, we heard you like performance with your performance so we added more performance)
2. $64,000 Performance
3. $54,000 AWD "all in" AWD + PUP + LR
4. $49,000 "First available" - PUP + LR - NO AWD
5. $49,000 AWD LR - NO PUP
6. $45,000 AWD PUP - NO LR
7. $44,000 LR, no PUP, no AWD
8. $40,000 PUP, no AWD, no LR
9. $40,000 AWD - NO PUP - NO LR
10. $35,000 BASE BASE BASE Model 3 with no major options.

and if you think I'm joking about the name "Performance with Performance Upgrade" go configure one on tesla.com, it literally is named that way in the configurator, just not put so close together on the pages.

Last edited:
Glad I reserved mine already, if I didn't I would have been pretty upset as a reservation holder. As an investor, I am perfectly fine with it :)

I hope they at least honor the original prices for line waiter or something. At least the P is "only" 10K more now.

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
What's with all these price rises? 1st the paint went up now this. What's next $2000 for white interior?

Mercedes-Benz offers a free black or white base paint. The paint upgrade cost for any non-metallic red/white is just $720.

BMW offers a free black or white base paint option. The paint upgrade cost for any other paint, including metallic red/white, is just $550.

It's beyond laughable that Tesla doesn't offer a base white paint for free and that paint upgrades cost $1500-2000 (2-4 times more expensive than competitors).

Tesla does a lot of things right but this is bullshit.