Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dual Motor now $5000

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did it occur to you that they want to encourage AWD/P orders because they are more profitable?

That’s one of the best explanations for showing common EPA range across all 75kW versions.

The person I initially responded to said that Tesla was surprised by the heavy volume of AWD orders and that they could not handle a 50/50 split of RWD/AWD production. I suggested that advertising the true ranges of each version to better control demand.

Extra profit is nice, but not if volume goes down because they can't handle the demand level for the AWD versions. Better to get 5 RWD produced/sold at 20% profit than to get 3 AWD produced sold at 25% profit.

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA
I think Tesla will lower prices in 2019 once tax credit gets reduced.

Another option is to do something like only build AWD versions after a certain date but only increase the starting price a couple thousand dollars.

That way the perception is that you are getting a better value even though the price went up.

BMW and Mercedes have no problem selling thousands of $50K+ cars a month.

Another option is to do something like only build AWD versions after a certain date but only increase the starting price a couple thousand dollars.

That way the perception is that you are getting a better value even though the price went up.

BMW and Mercedes have no problem selling thousands of $50K+ cars a month.
Yeah but I think Tesla needs to produce and sell at least one $35K model or they'll be roasted from here on out. Plus there are a ton of people who are stretch buyers waiting for the $35K model

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak and P85_DA