Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dual Motor Performance 0-60 times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haven't seen anyone post any numbers yet, figured I'd start a thread.

Ran a couple of freeway onramps as hard as I could and generated the following on my dragy....

Definitely not as fast as I expected, but given the not so ideal circumstances I'm fairly happy with the results. For sure I'd get numbers closer to the 3.5 and hopefully lower if I punched it down a straightaway. Freeway onramps are usually curved and or sloped to some degree.

I made #9 on the American car category (populated with mostly Teslas lol)
Screenshot_20180726-150534_dragy.jpg
Screenshot_20180726-131548_dragy.jpg

If love to see an optimal run as well.

I'm not super interested in 3.8-4 for 11k....

I can't do the math on that 7%... Anyone smarter than me able to translate those numbers to a flat surface?

Also I'm assuming that was uphill? If that was downhill I'm downgrading to AWD.

@forkee Thanks for posting this.

If we reduce the 3.8s by the slope rate of 7% it comes in right around the advertised 0-60 (Not sure if this is correct, please chime in if you know the right physics formula):

3.8s * .93 = 3.53

It would be great to see some more tests on a completely flat smooth surface.

From a basic physics standpoint, the amount of force need to maintain the same speed on a hill is directly proportional to the slope %. So if you have a 7% incline, it will take 7% more force to maintain the same speed compared to a flat surface. Your calculation above is a rough estimate but doesn't take into account other car related variables when you add extra weight and drive on a curve. There's also inherent inaccuracies when calculating speed via GPS especially when driving on a curve, not to mention the elevation change calculations.

Testing on a 7% uphill grade? That doesn't help anyone... Bad tests just spread misinformation

Would love for someone to do a proper test. My Performance model is due in Jacksonville about 11 days and will do some myself if no one else can before then.
Well, for sure we'd all love to see a test where the PD isn't literally fighting an uphill battle. But putting down a 3.8 sec time given those conditions is still very helpful, as it suggests that the car is capable of outstanding performance even when things aren't perfect.

Reactions: GaryW