Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dual Motor Performance 0-60 times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your times are without 1 foot rollout right? That would definitely bring it down below 3.5s.
The problem with California is that it's very hard to find a place to run 0-60 that's both flat and empty :(
I've got a VBOX and it's shown me that that it's very hard to get magazine times on an ICE vehicle.

Reactions: forkee
So it looks like 1 foot roll out can lower 0-60 about 0.2 secs.
If I am right that the 20" wheel/tire combo will give about 3.3 with no roll out, we could be looking at 3.1 with roll out. That is about what I thought they would deliver for the past year and a half. Just enough to separate from the S and X, but still a serious value for the money.

Your times are without 1 foot rollout right? That would definitely bring it down below 3.5s.
The problem with California is that it's very hard to find a place to run 0-60 that's both flat and empty :(
I've got a VBOX and it's shown me that that it's very hard to get magazine times on an ICE vehicle.
Yeah. I found that out in my S2000. I had a g-force? meter and remember I had to rev to 6K, then drop the clutch hard and hold on in order to come close to MT times :) So much easier in a Tesla.

Yeah. I found that out in my S2000. I had a g-force? meter and remember I had to rev to 6K, then drop the clutch hard and hold on in order to come close to MT times :) So much easier in a Tesla.

I recall like 15 years ago reading a comparison in some car mag of all the little droptop sporty cars in the class (S2k, miata, MR2, etc), etc and they described the S2000 as "the most fun to drive like an escaped mental patient"

Reactions: tracksyde
I'm definitely considering it...

So....good news I did a couple more runs. Charged to 98%, creep setting off. The noisy video I had the AC on full blast. Silent one, it's off. Hearing the motor whine is nice for a change.

Bad news is that they're not any better, in fact they are worse. The only thing I can think of is that the satellites were reportedly low (thus possibly skewing results. It says invalid on the report everytime this happens). All things considered, yes these are horrible numbers, but they may not be 100% accurate.

Optimal sub (official) 0-60 times still within reach, the conditions just have to be unicorn ideal. You can definitely feel the "g" pull just a little bit more at this soc.

Whoa - peak of 1.5g is pretty crazy. Seems dubious. Looks like maybe the tires broke loose in 0-10 though? Your good runs made about 0.8g in that range but these runs ramped slower and flattened out around 0.6g. My theory is the lower SOC and uphill in previous runs actually helped avoid some wheel spin - slightly reduced power and more normal force on rear tires.

Maybe I should have gotten Dragy! Though I got the VBOX because it interfaces with Harry's Laptimer.
Why do the g-force measurements on Dragy look so horrible? They look much more precise on the VBOX.
I was wondering about the accel readings too. I’m guessing maybe they don’t have an real accelerometer but just derive acceleration from GPS velocity data, which might not be stellar in all cases if their filters have lag/overshoot. That might explain the wild jump to 1.5g in the latest plots - you can see the slope of the velocity curve gets steep about the same time.

Pretty sure it's not hard to find a place to run 0-60 that's both flat and empty. Plenty of local roads down in Irvine has speed limit of 55mph. Just go out at late-night the road will be empty.

Reactions: P85_DA