Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dual Rate Linear Lowering Springs from Unplugged Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my Dual Rate Linear Lowering Springs by Unplugged installed on my Model 3 Performance and I'm very impressed. Amazing look and handling characteristics. It’s provably firm but compliant. It feels better when making a sharp turn and feels better driving over roads that are not smooth. Rides much better than the stock springs that came with my PM3. I immediately noticed that the handling has been incredibly enhanced. I did also get new wheels and tires which are wider so that may have also played a part in my experience. I didn't want to go too low because its my daily driver. These are the Super Performance spring which has a moderate height (a 1.5" drop). I really wanted to get the UP coilovers but didn't want to spend the money for them so I figured these were a great alternative. The coilovers are $2500 and the UP Super Performance lowering springs are $420.

Attachments

• 1w4xpqL9S8Wtn%r8WNnC4g.jpg
    1w4xpqL9S8Wtn%r8WNnC4g.jpg
    500.4 KB · Views: 277
Reactions: Mr X and Msjulie
Any updates? Did the ride settle down any more? What made you go with unplugged springs over HR springs? Did u install them yourself? I am wanting to lower my model 3 this summer.

I haven't noticed a them settling from when they were first installed until now. Im just impressed that they are much better than the stock springs with handling and ride. I actually never looked into the H&R springs because I wanted to lower the car for performance as well as looks. So I was going to go for the Unplugged Coilovers because I wanted to get track ready, but didn't want to spend the money so I just went with their springs instead. Which will still be better for the track than the stock springs. I had them professionally installed by Tag motorsports.

I haven't noticed a them settling from when they were first installed until now. Im just impressed that they are much better than the stock springs with handling and ride. I actually never looked into the H&R springs because I wanted to lower the car for performance as well as looks. So I was going to go for the Unplugged Coilovers because I wanted to get track ready, but didn't want to spend the money so I just went with their springs instead. Which will still be better for the track than the stock springs. I had them professionally installed by Tag motorsports.
Thank you for the feedback. I’m thinking about pulling the trigger on these.

Reactions: surfpilot
Thanks for the quick review and photo. I'm still debating between these and H&Rs. The extra .3" doesn't look too bad and you're saying you're not really scraping around, which is good. Would you mind sharing how much install @ Tag was? If not publicly, via PM?

Car looks amazing, btw!

Reactions: Mr X
I work in Carlsbad too, I'm usually around the airport area. Here some more pictures. Im planning on starting a insta account for my 3 so Ill have to keep you all posted on that!

tag_lr_20200521-47.jpg

tag_lr_20200521-44.jpg

I work in Carlsbad! Maybe I'll see you guys around when we return to the office next year. Lol.

Surf- Anymore photos available on level ground? Or perhaps an IG or online album (Flickr, etc?)